Thursday, November 19, 2015

AIRLIFT TEASER IS HERE!

Look, I'm only human. I don't particularly enjoy "based on true events" films or patriotic films in and of themselves but, that being said, do you know what I do enjoy? SCRUFFY AKSHAY KUMAR CRYING AND SAVING PEOPLE!

A whole movie of this?! YES PLEASE!!


Because when it comes right down to it, Akshay is my all-time number-one favorite hero and I would watch him (loudly) read a phone book if he put his heart into it.

I'm also more willing to watch a film like Airlift because the politics appear to be more straightforward, without the poisonous topic of "Islamic" terrorism that makes my skin boil. (Hopefully) We can all agree that Saddam was a giant dick for invading Kuwait back in 1990 and the airlift of 100,000 Indian nationals back to India was pretty darn cool:

“It’s not like we didn’t make mistakes," said [Air India regional director M.P.] Mascarenhas. “We misjudged numbers a lot and, remember, we didn’t have mobile phones there. When people ask me how we did it, I say, I looked up at heaven and said, god help me.”

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl