Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Selfie Le Le Re~~!

*whistle whistle*

This is going to look incredible on a huge movie screen! God damn, it feels good to see Salman doing his thing again. And I mean that, personally, it feels good to see Salman dancing because it's been far too long since I've seen Salman dancing. And the trailer for Bajrangi Bhaijaan looks great. Just the kind of movie I like: a BIG HEART, over-emotional, action-packed, filmi, but with a nod to the larger world.

I know I've missed out on the drama with Salman and his court case and I also know that there is nothing I can say on the topic that will satisfy anybody, either for or against. My own view is complicated and unavoidably colored by the fact that I am who I am.

And I have been thinking a lot recently about Heroes and how so much of the image is actually the reality. I mean it's not the real reality but it's real to us. I'll never meet Salman and I don't know if I'd want to but I've come to really love and treasure him as a Hero. I don't agree with punishment for punishment's sake but justice must be served. But in punishing Salman Khan, Bollywood Industry Figure, you're punishing a lot of people whose jobs depend on him and who has been working hard to put out a humane, kind image in recent years and who stands for a lot of things for a lot of people, good and bad. It's very different from punishing Salman Khan, private person. What crimes is Salman Khan, Public Figure answering for beyond his own as a private person? I don't know. Can he answer for his crimes as a private person without punishing all of those who depend on the Public Figure? Has he already, in his own way? I don't know. All I can do is trust in the Hero. And perhaps that is my answer.

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl