Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Busy, busy Filmi Girl…

Good morning!! I think I'm just an hour short of catching the premiere of the Baby trailer. Instead please have these videos: 

If you're not following Mister Naidu, you should be. Lovingly uploaded and digitized versions of classic cabaret numbers! This one has bonus Tun Tun in it! Over the years I've really lost patience with people who watch these types of things just to mock them or laugh at them… The cabaret number both in and out of context is a delightful creature, even the ridiculously staged ones.

I have a lot of respect for Ranveer for his support of condoms and for talking about issues that can be embarrassing but are important. I wonder how his star power has affected condom sales…

Motion poster for Dhanush's Wunderbar studios new production. I really like Anirudh's music so I'm looking forward to this one!

Lastly, why isn't G-Dragon like King of the Planet yet?

I swear it's only America's anti-Asian/anti-foreign bias in pop that is keeping him from conquering. For some bizarre reason, America is extremely resistant to having its mind blown with pop music. We only like the bland stuff. (*cough* Tswift)

3 comments:

odadune said...

I liked the Baby trailer pretty well; the slo-mo walking has been supplemented with running, jumping and punching. I'd be more bothered by the cartoon "mad mullah" figure if I didn't think the director was setting up to subvert it, given his penchant for plot twists and the way his last movie with a terrorist angle (a Wednesday) played out.

The interrogation scene isn't as self-aware as Holiday, in turns of conveying that the main guy has to be kind of insane to be doing this.

Thelondongirl said...

Gdragon said that he keeps being asked to do a song in english and he said he would, but he has to work on his english profienciency. and that song has me nodding. I'm gonna go pretend i'm in the video (ie madly dancing around my room). Theres a lot of good music here, and the music in America and Europe to some extenct sets the standard that you see in Kpop. This song is very similar to MTBD (Mental breakdown, something like mentally boondae in Korean i think) by CL from 2NE1. Thanks for my new song. I loved Holler from girls generation. The chord changes reminded me of EXO's growl alittle but thats a stretch.

Thelondongirl said...

I should have proofed that, its been a long day. tired.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl