Wednesday, November 12, 2014

How many more days to Kill Dil???

How much do I love these three?

I am really, really forward to Kill Dil!

In the process of going through my old reviews, there definitely comes a point where I begin just DEFENDING THINGS I ENJOY really hardcore. It's kind of funny reading those without the critical context that surrounds them. My review of Khiladi 786 is like that. This feeling that I was dishoom-ing myself out of a warehouse full of scolding critics like I was Amitabh in Deewar. THIS STUFF DOESN'T SUCK! *dishoom* SHUT UP WITH YOUR "SO ILLOGICAL" CRITIQUES! *dishoom*

It does really bother me that the films I love--or even films that I find pleasurable--are routinely (and possibly deliberately) misunderstood by the very people who are supposed to be "experts" on this stuff. Ah, well. I'm going to make an effort to be less defensive in the future! If I like it, then I like it. It's not like anybody actually cares what Anupama Chopra and Rajeev Masand have to say anyways, isn't it? Heh.

To that end, I should fulfill the promise I made and was reminded of while re-reading my Student of the Year review and buy the DVD of Student of the Year. Come on, Karan! Make us another one like this!

1 comment:

Thelondongirl said...

so if I say I couldn't sit through any of that god awful shite SOTY, am I a bad person? I tried to , really.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl