Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Post!!



So… Yagavarayinum Naa Kaakka looks interesting! God, I love the sound of Tamil. I wish somebody around here offered classes or lessons but nobody teaches it!


Anyhoo, reviews are shitting all over Kill Dil. I can't decide if that's good or bad. I'm pretty sure I still want to see it. My frenemy Mihir Fadnavis says there are "too many" songs (I almost always think there aren't ENOUGH songs in films so this is potentially good) and complains that there is homoerotic tension (also something I enjoy) then says "unfortunately it doesn’t come down to the unintentionally funny, disaster zone like Shaad Ali’s previous effort, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom." See, I thought JBJ was boring, nowhere near "unintentionally funny." See what I mean? All the negatives could well turn out to be positives for Filmi Girl. Other charges I've seen are "predictable" and "potboiler" which aren't deal breakers for me, either.

I'll decide for myself if and when I get to see it.

But, it's been ten years but I'm STILL NOT TIRED OF SONG PICTURIZATIONS. More, more, more!! I love song picturizations. I wish all films had more of them.



And the more junior artistes the better, imho. I mean, forget stupid CGI and fancy stunts, I'd rather the money spent on hordes of junior artistes for a couple of big production numbers.

Remember this one?? Oh, man, a 1990s Akshay-a-thon just always sounds like SUCH A GOOD IDEA but time, time, time… I wonder if a lot of these older films are on youtube. That would make an Akshay-a-thon much easier. I should check… for science… I mean I have about a year to watch them in preparation for Akshay in Karan Malhotra's Brothers--WHICH IS GOING TO BE EPIC! I mean I don't think anybody has gotten a modern HINDI masala so right in recent years as Karan Malhotra with Agneepath. Am I wrong? Wanted, Ghajini, etc. are Southern-influenced; Dabangg was excellent but it was still kind of stylized and retro; I love Rakesh Roshan but he's makes an old-fashioned style film. Ah, there's Vicky, though with Dhoom 3 and Tashan. So, Vicky and Karan Malhotra, then.












4 comments:

Yunus Perveez said...

I loved Aflatoon when it came out and even catch myself still singing the title track which is still all kinds of awesome :-) Rewatching the video really does bring back the mid budget nineties, A Dilip Sen- Sameer Sen soundtrack, Ganesh Acharya dance steps and the close up reaction (a-ye) shots they decided to film much later than the choreography :-)

Kill Dill I do worry about the story being done to death, the songs are quite good actually at least listening to them, it will probably be the cast that makes it likeable or not. It cant possible be worse than Gunday and that made a 100cr didnt it?

khiladi2002 said...

Aflatoon OST was my favourite back then. Ever seen the awesomeness that is We Love Rocky? Ripped-off? Yes! Still amazing watch? Yes! Why? Akshay dripping with nastiness and cool!

Raye S. said...

Ok so this is kind of a strange comment, but here goes.
I have a rather extensive Akshay collection and I am trying to clean out my DVD stash. You are the only person I can think of that would appreciate the movies (especially the older ones.). If you are interested I can send you a list of what I have. I will check your comments here and then can leave you my email address for further interaction.

Filmi Girl said...

Hi Raye, sorry for the late reply but I would LOVE your old Akshay movies!! :)

You can e-mail me at filmi.girl@gmail.com and we'll work something out.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl