Monday, November 24, 2014

Ahhhh! Monday came too soon!

The mixed to negative response to Happy Ending has been interesting. The critics I expected to love it, really didn't. On either end. Anupama Chopra thought it didn't have enough rom-com "sparkle" and Mihir Fadnavis thought it had too much rom-com. The thing is, I understand both perspectives even if I don't necessarily agree with them. Happy Ending suffers from what we can call Tashan-itis. Just like Tashan was pastiche of and a commentary on Bollywood masala, Happy Ending is both pastiche of and meta-commentary on the rom-com genre but, just like Tashan, the mixture (apparently) didn't quite gel for most of the audience.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I have some theories I'm working out that the film is essentially Hum Tum Plus Ten Years so if you can wait another day or so for my review…

I will say that if you are wavering on whether or not to see it:

a) GOVINDA

b) RANVIR SHOREY

c) PREITY ZINTA

And this song is, to quote a great hero: "Kickass."

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl