Thursday, October 23, 2014

Trailers and six packs… what a week!

Because we've been discussing it, please enjoy this very appropriate use of shirtlessness/sixpack from Dhanush in VIP:

I watched this last night thanks to a tip from a commenter about the streaming site Tentkotta.com and it was excellent. What's great about this fight scene and the shirtlessness is that it serves a purpose. Dhanush is no dehydrated show pony. As he fights, what we see is this buttoned up engineer stripping away first his jacket, then tie, then shirt as he reveals the inner core of strength. Dhanush's bare chest a visual representation of the inner strength of the character. And Dhanush's "six pack" is clearly functional, not airbrushed on at last minute.

It's a great movie and a great scene. I should have a review up for this one in the next day or two. Unless I get carried away and get myself a Tentkotta.com subscription and overdoes on Tamil films. (SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!)

Speaking of excited…

Yuuuup! ACTION JACKSON COME TO ME! Really looking forward to this one. Although I am worried about the songs because Ajay can't dance. But if there's a) one that's an item with no Ajay dancing and b) one with Prabhudeva in it I'll be happy.

Much like 3 Idiots, this looks like something I'd hate but I'll probably love it. Oh, Aamir… the things I watch for you.

Shakti Kapoor up to his old tricks? I have to admit that this looks fun in a juicy, b-movie kind of way.

3 comments:

@ksana said...

Just FYI - the scene with Dhanush is not streaming =( You are teasing...

DPSF said...

I could see it, it's brilliant!
I really want to watch VIP.
Dhanush looks *healthy* and strong, not just out of the gym and filled with proteins. Also they didn't make all the promotions about how he got the 6 pack along with "behind the scenes" where "famous LA artist" spray-paints him...
And as you said, this scene has a purpose.
I like it!

odadune said...

AJ: the humor comes under the heading of, "no thanks, I'd rather not think about Mr. Painfully Dignified Devgn that way" and Sona seems a little bored with the material. Action and songs look fun though.

PK: Anushka is darling, and the one song-and-dance looks nice. I really don't like Aamir in this, but at the same time I can see why people find him compelling.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl