Thursday, October 30, 2014

『チェイス!』: the language of Dhoom is universal.

Dhoom 3 is heading to Japan as… CHASE! I kind of love it. It's always interesting to me to see how movies like this are marketed outside of the Bollywood "star" system, you know?

Anyhoo, I was tipped off to the fact that Aamir and Vicky were in Tokyo talking about the movie.


I don't have time this morning but if I see something interesting I'll try to translate it for you. 3 Idiots was actually something of a hit in Japan so Aamir is a little known there. I was actually just reading an interview with one of my fave bands--The Okamoto's--and they were asked what movie had made an impression on them recently and the bass player, Hama Okamoto, says… 3 Idiots! Amazing when worlds collide, huh.

1 comment:

Snobby SydneySider said...

I'll be interested to see how it does over there. Personally I didn't like it but I don't enjoy action flicks anyhow. I heard English Vinglish did pretty well there too.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl