Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I could be dreaming… new Belle and Sebastian song!

*whistle whistle* New Belle & Sebastian single!

I don't know how much I've talked about Belle & Sebastian here before but I've been a massive fan for almost 20 years now. It seems incredible that it's been that long. I'm on their e-mail list and got a reminder that they have new tour dates, including curating All Tomorrow's Parties in Iceland in July.

July 2-4 - ATP Iceland, Keflavik, Iceland (NOTE: 16 years after Belle and Sebastian curated the first All Tomorrow's Parties at Camber Sands)

16 years! Was it really 16 years ago I took the Magical Mystery Bus from Glasgow to Camber Sands? How much has changed since then… how young I was… 


Me with Jarvis Cocker, who was EXTREMELY kind to me.


I ended up jammed up front for Belle & Sebastian with a lovely boy from the Orkney Islands called Sean. I wonder what happened to him…

I kept a truly ridiculous scrap book. I should scan more pages in one of these days…


Memories of Glasgow in 1999.


One of the moments I remember the most clearly is being the WEIRDO girl called out in the Gentle Waves show. YES THAT WAS ME!! I'm much more normal now, guys. Really. Confused teen no longer! Don't run… no, wait… where are you going? BELLE & SEBASTIAN!!!!!

3 comments:

Kimberly Tully said...

Charming post! For me, in my college years, it was all about Tori Amos. I may have a page or two of my college scrapbook that looks a lot like these! I went to school at U of Penn (and returning soon to be the Curator of Rare Books at Temple...yippee!) and remember fondly the Trocadero, especially one great show of Better Than Ezra and The Dambuilders.

Apex said...

Lovely post there--u forced me to reply !!
"One of the moments I remember the most clearly is being the WEIRDO girl called out in the Gentle Waves show. YES THAT WAS ME!! I'm much more normal now, guys. Really. Confused teen no longer! Don't run… no, wait… where are you going?' Hahaha

Btw totally random and unrelated -sorry---but WAS FORCED to check out HNY ---did like a few things but amongst other things irking me this is one--sorry for the rant but this was needed ---

Random title--
From SHOLAY to HNY (bachchan)/ Sonali Cable (sippys)

Posted here (& elsewhere) for the purposes of public interest and welfare

Now this is a wierd title –isn’t it..but there are some v uncomfortable ‘truths’ behind this title. In a way, it shows that the ugly menace of NEPOTISM may be alive n kicking but unless one has talent like ranbir, Hrithik, the others slowly ‘wilt’ away

Inspite of opening KRK box office sites (sic!) or sending orgasmic tweets praising HNY, what did amitabh achieve?I mean, it’s beyond belief what amitabh the great man is stooping to ?

The SHAMEFUL MOMENT where Abhishrek had to LITERALLY STRIP down to his undies for a 2-bit SIDEKICK role was SHOCKING--and to try to BUILD UP this shameful moment as some sort of an 'Oscar winning' achievement?
Double role, my foot !!!

And there u see the other inheritor from sholay--rohan sippy !!
The other day I came across some interview of rohan and his dad sippy (of sholay fame) trying to sell their obscure star case random film called Sonali cable. It’s no surprise that the film came and went without a trace…
As they say, nepotism may make u survive longer--
But ultimately the ‘truth’ will prevail

Now whatever may be the merits of HNY (or lack thereof )
The two self made khans didn't leave a chance to use their big screen vehicle to take some potshots and get back at some key people

Saroj Khan --a hilarious spoof by farah against her senior /competitor

Charan Grover --aka Karan Johar (that was interesting)

deepikas 'bar dancer' who teaches dance to kids has shades of farahs own backup ground it seems

But the JUICIEST TIGHTEST SLAP by the two SELF MADE KHANS -farah and srk
Was against something they both had to fight against, overcome them and finally they PLAYed WITH THEM

NEPOTISM AND GENEOLOGY

the CHOICE of sidekicks--Was not coincidental

Amitabhs (commercial hero king) son

Naseers (art film king) son

The moment Abhishrek was forced to STRIP DOWN LITERALLY
Was a TELLING moment--It STRIPPED AN ENTIRE TRADITION AND THINKING lol

Ps: CRASSNESS ALERT

as if the sight of an adult man stripping off even his undies wasn't enough crapfest

One is subjected to further torture seeing abhishrek
VOMITING onto people as a "weapon," or "tactic"

And in an ultrashameless moment trying to taste his vomit argghhh

I was about to enjoy an ice cream and I nearly puked !!!

Beware folks...

odadune said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl