Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Holler, holler...

Ironically as the winter approaches I feel like the recent dark days are behind me. Hopefully this means I devote more time to things I actually enjoy thinking about--like films!

Last night I started watching this anime on Hulu called No.6 because somebody had recommend it to me as being good (and short!). It is good! It's a dystopia story about a city that seems too perfect and, of course, dark secrets are within. It made me wonder what is happening with Shekhar Kapur's Paani and then I started thinking about other dystopias. In way, I think all of those masala films that start in a village or neighborhood that is… wrong or "off" somehow, all those films have elements of dystopia. Between the world of 1984 and a film with a neighborhood run by a corrupt police chief fueled by drug money or something… well, at the bottom of it all, isn't the difference only a matter of the sci-fi elements? The conspiracy elements, the inability to trust anything authority says to you, how there is something rotten below the surface… these are the same. Yes/No?

That was just something I was thinking about last night.

Have a new Jiiva song! Man, I love this guy. I don't know why I find him so appealing but I do! I'm not usually a fan of the "average guy but better" type of hero but Jiiva is just so… likable. Harris Jayaraj, too! Fun stuff for a Tuesday morning!

And off topic but, damn, this song is catchy:

"Holler, holler…"

3 comments:

Thelondongirl said...

I thought there were more girl in girls generation?

odadune said...

Nothing intelligent to say, but glad things are looking up for you. :)

DPSF said...

@Thelondongirl : Girls Generation has actually 9 members, but this is the subgroup "Girls' Generation-TTS" (for Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl