Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Random, random Tuesday.

Good morning! Another random post from me today. My brain is still remolding itself back into shape after the intense couple of work-weeks I had. Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I wanted to be in my point yesterday if dingax1983's comment was any indication. It's not that pop artists don't have fans anymore or buy merchandise but there is a more tangible relationship to the art itself when you have something physical to tie it to. I forget half the songs I bought on iTunes but I remember each and every DVD or CD I've purchased in the last year. The nice packaging and "extras" included in a DVD or CD can help give a piece of art more "weight" than just streaming it on youtube. You just remember it better. That's why I think the move to spotify everything is such a shitty idea. Music as background noise. Movies as background noise. For a nominal fee that goes to the company and not the artist. You get what you pay for.

Anyways. In other news, I was highly amused by a) Rajeev Masand's latest drivel about how AB Jr. has been going around pontificating and b) reviews of Sonam's latest drivel that are like, "Well she's annoying as fuck but OMG FAWAD KHAN IS SO HOTTTTTT!"

Also:

THE RETURN OF KANGANA!!!!! ♥

That's literally the only thing I care about for this film.

4 comments:

Apex said...

For all her talent & exhuberant individuality( I'm all for it)- don't u think kangana has lost it a bit lately? Heard she's disappeared to the Swiss alps to write a script ( during the peak of her acting career)- may bump into her lol

Btw Don't care if FSoG is labelled trash & a 'blot on literature' & so on..After all the indecent controversy around deepika, a welcome respite (sic!)--liked Anna's pic
https://mobile.twitter.com/FiftyShades/status/509781320067600384/photo/1

odadune said...

Last I heard Kangna was supposed to be making a movie with Saif and the Talaash director.

Re: Abhishek, the pontification is strong with that one, which should come as no surprise to anyone familiar with his super-opinionated parents. :)

Apex said...

Oh thanq 4 d info odadune--didn't know saif n kangana are doin one together--unsure which films that...
I'm usually not so up to date on the latest shenanigans of bw
Hence ana I mean filmigirl is so helpful n handy thanx

Filmi Girl said...

@Apex I'm looking forward to the movie! I enjoy some good melodrama and any film this hated by the type of movie snobs I hate the most is worth checking out, at least…

@Odadune I'd missed that! http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/saif-ali-khan-turns-womaniser-for-reema-kagtis-next-mr-chaalu/1/383396.html

He's picking some projects I'm interested in recently… no more Humshakals for our Saifu, I guess. His next two I'm definitely looking forward to and this makes three!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl