Friday, September 26, 2014

Kill, kill, kill my dil already, Ranveer!

HAPPY FRIDAY! Only one week until Bang Bang, right!?!?!! I really hope I can figure out a way to the theater next weekend because… MUST. SEE!

Yesterday I had a chance to catch up with the Finding Fanny episode of uPodcast and, dang, Asim really made a lot of the points I always make about those kinds of films. I kept wanting to butt in with a comment but then Asim would make it for me! LOL!

I hate seeing films like Finding Fanny or The Lunchbox getting touted as "alternative" cinema or as groundbreaking somehow when, really, those films are a lot like Miramax films, in that they are a) corporate and b) inherently conservative cinema, in that they are generally confirming the social values or ideas already held by the people watching.

I was thinking back on a few of the "alternative" films I've seen in the past couple of years and the ones that really stood out are Pawan Kumar's Lucia, Karthik Subburaj's Pizza, Rajat Kapoor's Ankhon Dekhi, and Prashant Bhargava's Patang. Not that Miramax-ish films can't be good but the fact that they aren't massy doesn't automatically mean they are "quality." Know what I'm sayin'?

And I can add that I'm so tired of that faux-rustic/dance floor mashup feel of "Shake your bhootiya." Sachin-Jigar really brought their C-game to this. Yeesh. It sounds like a leftover track from like mid-late 2000s Minissha Lamba film or something.

Anyhoo, I really enjoyed the discussion and it got me jazzed up for the coming fall season of films.

Because, you guys:

I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE IMMEDIATELY!!!! GO GO GO GOVINDA!!!!!! Seriously, I think Yash Raj reached into my brain and pulled this out. Because I don't care how Yash Raj-y it gets, each of these three on their own can hold the screen like a boss--put together… I think my brain my explode from awesomeness.

Not to overhype or anything. *cough*

ETA: OMG RANVEER'S HR TRIBUTE!!!!!! He dances to "Main Aisa Kyun Hoon" and when he doesn't get enough attention, rips his mask off, and it's EPIC!! EPIC!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl