Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I'm back! What'd I miss?!

Good morning, friends! It's been quite the weekend with art, art, and more art! Very inspiring, I have to say. Sometimes it's just really nice to get out of your own head and into somebody else's for a little while. It was also interesting to have to contexualize myself and my interests for people who don't really know me… helpful, too, actually. Like looking at yourself from outside.

Anyways, I didn't have much time to Internet while I was gone and two super-needy cats to deal with this morning so I'll leave regular updates until tomorrow and just drop some pictures off for you today!



The reason for my visit was my family's art show, which will actually be up until this coming Saturday if you are in the area.

You can also check out Gene Baer Art, Jackie Baer Art, and Paintress Gretchen (who took some GREAT photos up of the party--as well as the cool one above--if you want to see more art!)





My grandfather in his element.

(Photo courtesy of Maria Ruggieri)

My dress was a big hit!


The Wednesday Addams look was oddly appropriate next to my grandmother's ceramic animals.


The フワフワ skirt I bought in Tokyo!


The beach!

5 comments:

odadune said...

Great pictures! Looks like everyone had a good time and showcased their creative side. :)

On the Bollywood front, I watched Heropanti last week. Tiger was pretty good-a little out of his depth in some emotionally complex parts, but solid overall. Kid needs a better stylist and some directors who are good at training actors up, but he's a better actor than the trailers make him look. Fight choreography is nothing special, but he does well with what he is given, and his backflips never get old. Kriti-too modern in looks and attitude for her role, but also better than I expected. Better comic timing than Tiger, and surprisingly dignified and restrained in angsty scenes.

There's a new song from Bang Bang out I haven't had a chance to watch yet

Paintress Gretchen said...

Thanks Kara, for coming all this way just to be AWESOME with me!

Apex said...

Lovely montage there FG-u seem to be doin a YRF flick. Also liked your "dress that was a hit" on Instagram ....keep it up girl

Talkin of montages --haven't got a chance to watch this video yet but some1 sent me this....kooltastic
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.687138704707921&type=3&l=e02ef06b17

Filmi Girl said...

@odadune Heropanti!!! I suspected as much based on the trailers! His flips were so good that I hope we see more. Kriti, I'm surprised, though. But that's good to hear, too. I may have to check this one out.

@Gretchen I had a blast!!

@Apex Yash Raj! I must have been doing it~! LOL! And wow can't wait for Bang Bang!!

odadune said...

I would give Heropanti the thumbs up to most people who like Telugu masalas and remakes of same; it's a pretty good example of the latter, IMO. And Tiger's such a nice bloke in interviews that I sincerely hope he manages to carve a niche for himself.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl