Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Mere Rang mein!

I hope everybody enjoys my take on Maine Pyar Kiya! That film is special to me because it was the very first soundtrack I ever listened to. I think I've told this story a million times but I'd been hugely into Britpop and, especially, Kula Shaker back in the late 1990s and I was always blasting something dippy (I was only 17, okay?!) from my dorm room. Eventually one of the guys in my dorm cornered me about it and was like, "So… how about some real Indian music" and handed me a dubbed cassette of the Maine Pyar Kiya soundtrack.

Ah… it really brings me back. I fell in love with that cassette. Not the guy, though. He was planning to enter the seminary. I wonder whatever happened to him.

This was my very first favorite Bollywood song! I used to dance around my dorm room to it. Hee! I loved and still love the brass flourishes.

I'm working on my Kick review now. Hopefully I'll have that up for you soon, too! I just can't believe how much crap has been written about it. I get that these outlets need something to stick around the ad-space they're selling but there's no need for tripe like this. Lazy thinking, lazy thinking, lazy thinking passed off as "sociology" and "film criticism."

Well, as @thebollywoodfan said to me yesterday:


1 comment:

Moimeme said...

Whenever you write your Kick review, I hope you'll devote a short paragraph on how it felt to see Salman's first and latest films back to back. How he's aged & changed, in his acting & on screen image. That would be cool. :)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl