Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wednesday tidbits...

First of all, whatever the theme is here, I like it. Para-military-bat? Did they just repurpose the sets from "Party with the Bhoothnath" and use the extra cash for a tank? Am I missing something crucial about Humpty Sharma?? I thought it was just a rom-com but maybe Varun is like a secret bat-paratrooper or something?!

You know, I could watch Varun dance all day long. It's nice to see a new hero who has put the time in to learn to dance instead of doing the Imran Khan shuffle.

Alia isn't given much to do but I love her club clothes. I would SO WEAR THAT SILVER TOP/RED BOOTY SHORTS OUTFIT!

"Johnny Johnny" is mesmerizing. Visually, it's like watching a jumble of human bikini kaleidoscope but a) Akshay in white/mint green = EASY ON THE EYES and b) the song itself is hypnotic. I love the circular sounds. And Akshay in mint green.

Two news stories for you:

BIPS TO PLAY CONJOINED TWINS!

SALMAN TO PLAY A DWARF! Whether a mythical creature or a little person, I couldn't tell you.

I really do enjoy some good, old-fashioned morality played out with a physical abnormality and/or illness. It's a fictional trope you don't see much of any more as Bollywood gets more literal with its scripting and audiences less used to the allegorical.

1 comment:

odadune said...

Saturday Saturday is a catchy song and I liked Varun's dancing. Alia as the Lolita edition of an early 00s Priyanka character didn't sit well with me. I want the tank prop :D

The Johnny Johnny song is kind of for me what O Balma was for you-that picturization that doesn't really go anywhere until the heroine shows up. Akki jumping into the girls' arms was fun though. :)

Bips truly is the Barbara Steele of desi horror isn't she? :)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl