Thursday, June 19, 2014

VIP: Mass trailer :)

The winner of Twitter yesterday was, of course, @getfilmy with this:


No further comment needed on the eight billion stories reporting the same fact.

And since the only other news percolating up today is Ness Wadia gets (maybe) threatened by mafia or Sajid Khan's sour grapes press tour, I feel like moving South, specifically, to Dhanush-ville.


VIP! VIP! VIP!

(And there ARE English subtitles if you click on the "CC" button.)

Yes, Velaiy Illa Pattahari aka VIP is releasing in July and I am pumped! As one of the commenters says, in inimitable Indian English: "Mass :)"

Damn, straight, my youtube commenter friend!

Over the last couple of years, I've grown to really love Dhanush and his intense screen presence. That last bit with him in the hard hat just going all masala on some yuppie, suit-wearing sleaze set my heart all aflutter. And Anirudh Ravichander, one of the brightest young talents in Chennai (IMHO) is doing the music! Yes! I just about wore out my copy of the 3 soundtrack, which he also did.

This one might be worth making a trip to see--although I'm not sure now where Tamil films are screened. There are a couple theaters 60-90 minutes away for Hindi films but Tamil films…

Anyways, you don't care about my logistics but you might be interested to know that I put in an order for a handful of films through my old friends at Bhavani DVD. Tamil DVDs with subtitles have been difficult to find.

So, I've got coming Aadukalam (for Dhanush), Avan Ivan (I heard it's flawed but I've been wanting to see it), and Upendra's God Father (if they have it in stock.)

I feel like there should be some crazy epic masala films coming up soon… SS Rajamouli's Baahubali, which, wow, I just googled for updates and apparently there is some mega-Prabhas scandal breaking right now!! Allegedly he's having an affair and had to go to US for surgery but did he go because thugs from the girl's side beat him up?! WHAT?! Here's his statement.

Wow. It never rains but it pours, huh.

2 comments:

swilso04 said...

Can't wait for you to get your batch of films from Bhavani!

In my opinion, the three masterpieces of the decade so far are Raavanan, Highway & Aadukalam...trust me you're in for a treat!!

And Avan Ivan is most definitley flawed, but in the most spectacularly wierd Bala-esque way. It's fabulous.

With all the scandals and star-kid rubbish coming from Bollywood nowdays, South movies are seeming to be the only way to turn!

Filmi Girl said...

Well I really, really loved Raavanan and thought Highway was wonderful so… I'm looking forward to it!!

And Bala-esque flaws sound pretty interesting, I must admit. If I've been thinking about it for… four years? I should probably just watch it.

And agree 100% on the final comment. ;PP

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl