Friday, June 27, 2014

Happy Weekend!!!!!!

You guys, this week totally kicked my butt at work. I'm SO TIRED! But I'm working on my Lucia write up, so hopefully I'll have that up for you sometime this weekend. I really enjoyed the film and would definitely recommend it to anybody who likes cinema that hits the intersection of "smart" and "entertaining." Kind of like how Pizza did, you know?

I'm just so happy to be back and talking with you again!

I don't have much for you today but I was amused at Rajeev Masand's latest column talking about Armaan "HE'S A KAPOOOOO~OOOOR" Jain:

The young kid says he always intended to follow in his dad’s footsteps—a banker and graduate of the London School of Economics —but discovered eventually that the family’s relationship with Bollywood was a link too hard to resist.

Let me translate for you: Armaan found out that being a banker and graduating from the London School of Economics involved actual, you know, work and after partying around London he dropped out and fucked off back to Bombay and had his mummy ring up her cousins to get him work standing around and wearing hair gel.

The kid isn't bad looking, so he's better set than your Luv Sinha's of the world but unless he pulls a Varun Dhawan surprise act, I think we'll see Armaan "KAPOOOOOOOOOOOOR" Jain fighting Adhyayan Suman and Aftab Shivdasani for bottom barrel hero roles.

He's kind of got dead eyes, though, don't you think?

ANYWAYS, I saw this trailer for Sathuranka Vettai and it looks really fucking boss:

Just the camera work is cool! Produced by Lingusamy, I guess? So it should be worth checking out.

And… HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, folks!!

4 comments:

Divya said...

As a Ranbir Kapoor non-fan (The only one I know, I am not looking forward to another Kapoor manchild on screen.

8th wonder said...

totally agree with divya

odadune said...

Divya, 8th wonder: fellow RK non-fan here; I respect his work ethic and feel a little bad for his messed-up family life, but I totally do not enjoy watching him onscreen.

FG: rest up and have fun this weekend :)

Filmi Girl said...

I liked him in Ajab Prem ki Ghazab Kahaani quite a bit but… I'll pick Ranveer every time, if given the choice. Ranbir's manic energy always seems really forced and uncomfortable.

And thanks, Odadune!! :D I'm going to the Smithsonian Folklife Festival, which should be fun.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl