Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hello, IIFA!

No, alas, I'm not actually in Tampa. For some reason, nobody wanted to pony up for my expenses. (Was it something I said?)

But that doesn't mean I don't want to celebrate!

To help the poor American journalists tasked to cover the event, I decided to give you all a sneak peak of the ebook I'm working on! I'm re-editing my BOLLYWOOD FOR BEGINNERS series and am going to have it all in a nice, compact file for Kindle or iPad or whatever! Then when somebody is all like, "What is Bollywood, anyways?" You can point them to it!

So, enjoy! Let me know what you think:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/haazc00hpc40znc/Bollywood_For_Beginners_Promo.pdf

[ETA for MEGA LINK]

And American journalists! Please. Don't make assumptions. If you don't know something, LEAVE IT OUT. Nobody will think less of you for not having an opinion on Shatrughan "Shotgun" Sinha's work. (Although, for my money, everybody needs to see him camping it up in Shaan. Also, everybody needs to read his ridiculous advice column in Filmfare.) And if you're feeling ambitious, feel free to e-mail me or any other blogger with questions. We're all happy to answer! If I seem unfriendly (which I'm not but I get that) try Beth over here or Asim over here. Mmmkay?

AND FOR THE REST OF US!

Let's enjoy the vicarious gossip and pap photos and hope there's some scandal to top RANBIR PARTIED TOO HARDY 2013. (Ah, those were the days.)

The Tampa Bay paper may be the one to follow for immediate updates but I'll keep an eye out:

http://www.tampabay.com/topics/specials/bollywood2014.page

3 comments:

odadune said...

Mediafire is claiming file is temporarily unavailable; but I've found your Beginners series helpful in the past so I'm sure this will be good too.

Filmi Girl said...

Oh dear!! I just added a Mega link, so hopefully that works better for you. :)

odadune said...

Thank you! Formatting looks good, and you do a good job of beginning at the beginning :)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl