Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Do The Rex… Ranveer Style!

I've been looking forward to this for WEEKS now, so I just had to post it.

Ranveer struts his stuff for Durex condoms in an ad that is hands down my favorite track of the year. Everything is glorious! The costumes, the ridiculous rapping, the sheer charisma on display…

And I think Ranveer deserves some credit for endorsing a product like condoms, which are one of those things "polite" people never mention. Making something like condoms that are GOOD FOR HEALTH but have been tagged as "filthy" seem cool and desirable, well, if he's doing that AND making a paycheck, more power to the Singh!

I know I've come down hard in the past on unnecessary "bold scenes" in films and I still maintain that ninety-nine times out of one hundred, films are better off with a sexy song in place of a simulated sex scene… you know, something like "Do the Rex." Sex exists; we should be able to talk about it; but make no mistake: two actors fake humping on each other is no more a "realistic" depiction of real human person sex than Ranveer dancing, and the dancing is SO much more enjoyable to watch.

Here are some articles article on premium condom pricing that shed a little light onto why Durex might be making this ad. And apparently there is a dedicated online condom store for India!

That is interesting, though, about the premium condom pricing… I'm kind of with Team Capitalism on this one. Set the price limit on the basic utility types but let the manufacturers make the fancier models with the higher price points, too.

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl