Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tuesday: RIP Nanda

Today we bid a sad farewell to Nanda, who passed away at age 75.

Here she is romping with Dev Anand in Teen Deviyan!

And this isn't the soberest of choices, but I do have fond memories of Nanda girl bonding with Helen in Gumnaam!

Rest in peace, Nanda-ma'am. You'll be missed.


----

Anushka Sharma is joining with Eros and Anurag Kashyap's Phantom Productions to produce NH10, a thriller about a road trip, starring her. The director is one of those guys from the ad world who also worked in LA and London: Navdeep Singh (of the boring Manorama Six Feet Under).

So… meh. I can safely ignore this unless like Ranveer or Akshay shows up in it.

I know there's an audience for those Manorama Six Feet Under/Oye Lucky/The Lunchbox style films that have no songs and are oozing with "exotic" local color (aka "Hollywodo" realism) but that audience is not me. As Asim said the other day on Twitter, I can't seem to find my foreign film-watching beret...

----

Speaking of directors whose films require berets, please don't confuse my early morning brain by sticking a Irrfan romancing Deepika headline on an article that starts with Shoojit Sircar scripting a father-daughter film because gross.

----

I kind of love grumpy old man Amitabh Bachchan. Actually, now that I type that… Amitabh x Vinod Khanna for Grumpy Old Men: Hindi Style?

----

Shahrukh's look for Fan to be TOP SECRET. Yeah, right. Like anybody can keep SRK from the press. Case in point: THIS STORY.

----

IS NARGIS LYING ABOUT HAVING FILM OFFERS? asks Bollywood Life.

----

Rohan Sippy to direct a magical realism type film involving superpowers? Sigh.

----

Wait, wait, wait… Ranbir Kapoor to play Sanjay Dutt in a biopic? Are we sure this isn't just the crew(s) of his current films trolling him? All the "RANBIR IS FUCKING UP AND NOW WE NEED RESHOOTS" stories circulating had to come from somewhere...

----

Can I just say that I have really missed seeing Riteish Deshmukh on my cinema screen? I don't care if Hamshakals seems dumb and "features Sajid Khan's favourite actress Tammanna Bhatia, Bipasha Basu and Esha Gupta," I'm going to watch it! Riteish! Do you know that he is one of the first actors I really started to notice and like when I started watching films? It's true! While everybody else loved Abhishek in Bluffmaster, I was 100% Team Riteish.

----

This turned up in my news search: Dr Zeus and Kanika! I didn't know it was Kanika singing "Baby Doll."

----

I'm not sure if I realized that Salman was playing a double role in the Sooraj Barjatya film. Well, if Aamir did it in Dhoom 3

----

The trailer for Holiday is up! And it looks like it's going to track closely with the Tamil original but… I'm hoping the "terrorist = Muslim" problem has been dealt with.

----

And they've blocked embedding but the KPOP-curious should click this for a treat!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl