Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday Post.

Actress Geetika Tyagi has accused Jolly LLB director Subhash Kapoor of sexual assault.

There are going to be charges flung around on both sides and unless we were there we can't say for 100% certain what happened but I've said this before and I'll say it again, even from my limited interactions with Bollywood types, I can tell you there is this attitude among quite a few industry men that any woman around them is 'available' for sex. If you want access to the starry world, you comply. So, I'm inclined to believe Geetika.

----

This Highway review from Berlin seems right on the nose…and kind of disappointing.

[W]atching a silly girl ooze Stockholm syndrome after the horrific gang rapes that have made headlines in India leaves a queasy aftertaste. Still Ali has a deft hand in creating a fantasy world based on the classical Sita-Ravana model, and gives Bhatt free rein to project herself with unabashed teenage appeal, so even if the box office is unlikely to measure up to Jab We Met and his big hit Love Aaj Kal, it should nonetheless be respectable.

This is basically what I've been picking up from the trailers. I'm still on board to give it a try.

----

Sonakshi's look in Tevar. God, I hope Arjun doesn't stink this one up. Come on, boy! Don't pull a Prateik on us!

----

Okay, apparently I'm not the only one who can't get enough Akshat Singh, although that is a typo, right? "crowd-cheering" not "crowd-jeering."

“There were a lot of chubby people with nice faces,” he said to the reporter from his trip [to America]. “And I was also one of them. Over there, the chicken was really good.” He referred to his stomach as the “family pack” of chicken and peas.

GAW!!!! HOW CUTE CAN YOU GET?!

----

OneIndia is giving me so much material to work with! So, SRK didn't want any reaction shots of PC during his performance?? But why? WHY?!

My theory: Gauri put her foot down and said no call back to the PC link up rumors because it was embarrassing her in front of all her society lady friends.

----

Oh, Hrithik… take care, na? He is determined to do his stunts for himself. I think it was Asim from uPodcast I was talking about this with--Hrithik is just as much of a 'perfectionist' and truth-seeker as Aamir, the difference between them is Hrithik puts skills in the service of a director where Aamir has his own message.

----

Gossip mongers are speculating on SRK for Shuddhi but no official word yet, I believe.

----

Sanjay Dutt is out of jail for the foreseeable future and not everybody is happy about it.

A PIL filed in the Bombay High Court Tuesday questioned the discretion used by authorities in granting parole and furlough to actor Sanjay Dutt, who is serving the remainder of his five-year term in Yerwada jail after being convicted for possession of an AK-47 before the serial bomb blasts in Mumbai in 1993.

----

Professional asshole Sooraj Pancholi is giving acting a go. He's started filming for Hero.

----

Abhay Deol's Rock the Shaadi has been put on hold.

----

First look of Isabel Kaif's Dr. Cabbie.

----

And… a list of all the stars who are going to be at IIFA. (Filmi Girl is still waiting for her invitation card.)

----

Does this movie look like the biggest waste of time or what?

2 comments:

Yunus Perveez said...

YES! we did talk about that Hritik/ Amir difference ( which reminds me we should have another podcast soon :-))

Has there every been a more fangirl piece written than that SRK post "is famous for his humble behavior and down to earth gesture" Which SRK are we talking about here???


That DR Cabbie post contains everything i dread...i do wonder about Isabelle though, hopefully she has time to develop some skills like Katrina did.

And yes Bewakoofiyan looks ridiculous, I don't get the people that are excited about this? Sometimes it feels we are watching completely different thing whilst watching the same thing :-)

Moimeme said...

This counterargument to Tyagi's accusation of sexual assault is linked in that First Post article you linked to, but I think it's worth highlighting:

https://www.facebook.com/danish.raza.71619/posts/10202500753673241?stream_ref=10

It's basically a summary by a mutual friend who was there for "90% of the time"as he says. True, a lot can happen in that remaining 10% of time, and I haven't yet had the chance to watch the video, but I thought it was important to present all available information at this point.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl