Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday: Good-bye Philip Seymour Hoffman...

Yesterday we had to say farewell to Philip Seymour Hoffman. I was never a huge fan of his but he definitely owned a corner of my filmi heart, by putting more thought and care and effort into small two-dimensional roles in popcorn films than the lead actors ever did. He seems like he was a very intense person, who had troubles we can only guess at.

Check out this interview with him from 2011 in the Guardian and this the Onion AV Club interview from 2010.


----

Abhay Deol picks the wrong film to get into a big legal fight over. Viacom 18 isn't happy about the floptastic performance. Was he really that confident about One by Two?!

----

The Hindustan Times cheered me up with a list of upcoming biopics that includes Priyanka Chopra's hideously offensive 'Chinese' eye make-up.

I'm pretty sure they've nixed the eyes but I still think that maybe Priyanka should spend some time with people like these kids from the Northeast agitating to be seen before glossing over Mary Kom's ethnic background.

----

A list of probably talentless star cousins clawing their way into Bollywood. My fave is the one who 'studied acting' for two years in New York before 'deciding' to join Bollywood. AKA his parents got tired of paying for him to fuck around at NYU and said 'come home.'

----

Jai Ho reaches 100 crore and is still considered a 'flop' by the media. Amazing. Is this a media-only perception flop or has everybody written it off, like Veer or Joker?

----

Onir is considering leaving India because the criminalization of homosexuality.

----

Koimoi is having a slow news day and decides to write fan fiction instead.

----

Dia Mirza admits to being an addict.

----

Kapil Sharma to get a lead role in a Y Films production?

----

Just… never stop, Shahid. I love it! I LOVE IT! The shaved head, the 'surrendering' to Vishal, just keep brightening my day!

----

Some mediocre white boy indie band popped up on my radar this morning because they used a "Bollywood sample" on a song on their new album because one of their members "went traveling" and this is the result.

*yawn*

Somebody parachute Yo Yo Honey Singh into this snoozefest.

Apparently the samples "twine sinuously" for those who have never heard anything remotely desi before.

----

And a three-fer of Ranbir Kapoor Pepsi ads. I swear, this guy is the second coming of SRK with his charming commercials!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl