Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday: What day? I'm going to pretend I don't know what you're talking about.

The TOI covers just about everything I hate in the recent trend of seeing every film as if it's a romance.

When you see everything through the 'love' filter, it really puts all of human experience into one tiny box. If Dil Se is just about 'love,' it can't say anything about obsession or modern ennui because those have no place in that bizarre 'romance' formula of boy meets girl, everything is now perfect.

I won't harp on this because everybody already knows I hate romance films, especially the dreaded 'rom-com.' Pinning all your wishes and dreams onto just one person is dangerous and unhealthy… unless that person is Ranveer Singh in his hero entrance song for Ram Leela. Watching that again this morning is my Valentine's Day present to myself. Ranver Singh: Better than chocolate at soothing a bitter soul. Oooo!


----

Editing in a hilarious takedown of Gunday from Raja Sen. We don't always agree--I like slapstick comedy way more than he does--but when he nails it, he nails it.

----

Bollywood Life, you tease! Don't play with my feelings like that.

----

It helps to read this quote from Bebo out loud in the most sarcastic tone of voice that you can to properly get the feel.

[H]ereafter I will focus on the story, and I wish this advice had come from a friend than someone who does not know me too well, but am glad I found a friend without having to seek one."

Subtext: "Shut the fuck up, Anurag. I like those movies where I flick my hair around and look stunning. Go back to giving unsolicited advice to the Internet at large while I cry my way back to my palace."

----

Rahul Khanna heads to Hollywood.

----

And a happy pink haired Sonakshi Sinha to us all! ♥

1 comment:

odadune said...

Happy pink-haired Sona to you too! :)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl