Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday: "Join a film school, buddy."

I'm definitely considering Hasee Toh Phasee this weekend for Parineeti's sake. The music promos have been awful (OMG WHAT ARE THOSE LYRICS) but it hasn't turned me off 100%. So, I'll be avoiding reviews of that but Heartless on the other hand. Bring. it. On. I'm just disappointed I won't get a chance to review it for Box Office Poison because it seems like the perfect candidate:

Adhyayan Suman can’t act. As harsh as this may sound but that is the only prevailing notion I gathered about the young actor. Join a film school buddy, you absolutely need it.

Haaaaaa! Although Bollywood Life found him surprisingly convincing as the 'rich playboy' for some reason… I wonder why… Hmmm…

(AND JACKKY BHAGNANI KEEPS ON TRYING. The bills his daddy must have racked up on this kid.)

----

Nishtha Jain, director of the documentary Gulabi Gang, talks about Gulaab Gang.

But the Gulaab Gang publicity machine is in overdrive claiming painstaking research for the film…

Really? That will come out when the film releases finally. Already there’s a huge problem with the promos on air already. It gives the women, working so hard, the image of goondas. It’ll be truly tragic if the world forms its ideas about Gulabi Gang based on the film. I can see why Sampat and the other women are peeved about the film and its portrayal of them. Already, the men in the area need no excuse to lampoon and caricature them. The film shouldn’t further that.

Kudos to Bollywood Life for jumping on this story. Check out my post yesterday for a couple of good comments on the topic! Clearly, this issue requires some further research on my part but I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling a bit… uncomfortable with this film.

----

Tampa is pulling out all the stops to promote itself to the IIFA crowd.

But now Visit Tampa Bay will start marketing to Bollywood fans in the U.S., Canada and Great Britain using radio, digital media and other advertising.

The money also will be used to pay for private security for the stars and producers of the show, as well as their accommodations and transportation. And some of it will go to reimburse Visit Tampa Bay for work it has already done to promote the awards show.

What… not for Filmi Girl, too? Pffffsh.

----

Hrithik Roshan is using two body doubles for stunts in a "forthcoming thiller." Bang Bang? Take care, Hrithik! Don't injure yourself again; I worry.

----

Abhinav Kashyap explains that mixed reviews tanked Besharam and not his own incompetence at directing.

----

Come on, Arjun! Prove me wrong; that you're not the next Prateik Babbar! I have to admit I'm pulling for the kid. But unless he really knocks it out of the park soon, he'll be fighting Prateik and NNM for roles. He talks about Tevar.

“We have made certain alterations to the original film because we have to play to a bigger spectrum of audience here. My character is that of a college student who is also a kabbadi player, he is passionate about the sport. In India, Kabbadi is not given too much importance,” Arjun Kapoor said.

----

Whoa… is Ekta Kapoor making a love triangle with text homoeroticism?!

----

Sonam Kapoor as a Sooraj R Barjatya heroine?

----

It's MY dream come true for Ranveer to work with Govinda.

----

Ooo!! The Ram Leela scriptwriters are writing two films for Saifu… who is also doing Race 3.

----

Viacom 18 isn't suing Abhay Deol, although everybody who saw One By Two would like to.

----

Ekta? Are you watching? If you do make this movie, I have one point of your triangle right here.

----

I've been following Puri Jagannadh's youtube waiting for the songs of Heart Attack to show up! He's uploaded a few!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl