Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday Post: Is that Leo back there?

The Jai Ho box office story gets another chapter.

Amidst huge and expectations, Jai Ho hit 4,400 screens in India and got decent opening. But its first day collection was not upto the mark and big reason for it was low ticket prices. Having collected Rs 60.68 crores in the domestic market in its opening weekend, the Sohail Khan directed film maintained the momentum on Monday and Tuesday too. The film has collected Rs 78.78 crores nett at the Indian Box Office in five days.

So, in other words, despite the hysterical articles about how Salman is done for and blah, blah, blah, Jai Ho did alright and part of the lower collections can be explained by lower ticket prices.

But the media is just continuing to shit all over Salman like he's Akshay Kumar or something...

----

Shahrukh x Farhan x Sonam Kapoor for Raees. So, I can safely miss this one?

Shah Rukh Khan will reportedly don a new look for ‘Raees’ with the help of a number of make-up artists from Hollywood who will be roped in for the movie.

Okay, so I can safely miss this one.

Meanwhile Bollywood Life is speculating on Ranveer for Aditya Chopra's next, if Adi is going to cheat on the love of his life, why not go for the super hot guy with the oiled chest?

----

In shocking news, somebody doesn't much care for Irrfan Khan and Shahid Kapoor.

----

No… Parineeti! This is terrible to hear…

"The body type affects what I wear and I can't get best dresses for myself. I can't wear sleeveless, because I would look fat in it. I want to lose even more weight and look better in real life. On screen if I have to wear shorts or bikini for a scene I should have the body for that," she said.

It's disappointing to hear her equating 'losing weight' with 'looking better' when she was by no means 'fat' to begin with but what's even more disappointing is that she seems to be aiming to compete with Anushka Sharma and Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif and Kareena Kapoor for those brain numbing 'rom-com' films opposite Imran Khan, where the heroine's job is to wear a bikini and shorts and teach the hero what love is.

Parineeti, you are too awesome for that shit!! What are you doing to yourself, girl? Whoever is giving you this advice, just drop them to the curb.

----

Aw… Aditya Roy Kapur thinks he's a real actor instead of a nepotism case who hung around long enough to get himself a hit. How cute!

Professionally too, you are working less than other young actors

I can’t do a film just for the sake of it. I’m not going to do a film unless there’s something in it to excite me. Daawat-e-Ishq took it’s time to go on the floors, while I was hooked to Fitoor the moment I heard the script.

I'm curious to hear his reasoning behind Action Replayy.

----

Sneha Ullal is back in the news for some reason. Slow news day? Clearly.

----

And, lo, Anurag Kashyap's transformation from truth telling, artistically pure outsider to hobnobbing, air-kissing insider is complete.

----

I am quite excited for Yogaraj Bhat's Bollywood debut. I need to do a Yogaraj Bhat re-watch marathon or something and then catch up on all the Kannada movies I need to see and then and then… why isn't there enough time for everything?

If you don't know who this guy is, see if you can find a copy of Manasaare.

----

Sharmila Tagore's bikini saga.

...she suggested she would wear a bikini! But Samanta, realising how conservative our censors were and not wanting to go through the nightmare of a re-shoot, knowing he could never match the colour of the Mediterranean Sea in India or ferry French extras over without going over-budget, insisted on a demure blue single-piece swimsuit.

“Sharmila wasn’t very happy, but she gave in to my wishes. I’m glad I was prudent, because even then the song was clipped out during a screening on Doordarshan,” Samanta had revealed in the course of an interview, adding that when he had questioned a DD official on the subject, he was told that the song was “vulgar”.

(Actually, we were all just praying that the wind didn't blow Shammi's robe up.)

----

Yuuppp, still morbidly obsessed with Heartless. This picturization time traveled from 2002 to be here.

----

Well, now we know who stole Sunny Leone's Victoria's Secret undies!!! CASE CLOSED! Can I can my own detective movie, too, Yash Raj?

Seriously, I don't know what annoys me the most about this: Priyanka Chopra existing, how stupidly achronistic it is to the era, or the Victoria's Secret commercial atheistic. I half expect creepy uncle Leo DiCaprio to show up in the background with an order form for a new 'girlfriend.'

2 comments:

odadune said...

Some producer at Excel has gone on record to say that no actress has been approached for Raees yet, so maybe it's just fan speculation or one of SRK's advisors noticing that the only actress in the Apne Bombay Talkies song that SRK *hasn't* worked with is Sonam.

Action Replayy's appeal to ARK: chance to be bossy and patronizing to his elders and betters?

I saw one of Sneha's Telugu films and rather liked her in that. I wonder if Salman thinks Aish isn't coming back to films any time soon, and ergo there's room in the industry for someone of that "type?"

Gunday song: liked the music, video only becomes just about palatable when Ranveer hijacks it towards the end.

Parineeti needs to run like hell from YRF, and possibly from mentor/alleged boyfriend Maneesh Sharma as well.

Aditya Chopra directing Ranveer Singh: waste of Ranveer's time as far as I'm concerned, but I'm sure most of Ranveer's fangirls would be pleased.

Filmi Girl said...

@odadune That basically describe the entire appeal of Gunday:

"only becomes just about palatable when Ranveer hijacks it"

And WORD on Parineeti. Maneesh Sharma = bad news.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl