Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday Post: A sober beginning to the new year...

Telugu actor Uday Kiran has committed suicide. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.


----

If Salman Khan's promotional strategy for Jai Ho is that he is not carpet bombing the media but instead giving donations to charity, then I'm on board with that.

But Salman is NOT on board with political parties.

Salman in very clear words stated: “My film has nothing to do with the Aam Aadmi Party nor with any movement. If the system is corrupt, let the aam aadmi raise his awareness instead of blaming others. I fail to understand why the aam aadmi needs leaders to guide him.”

----

Is Huma Qureshi behind the Kashyap-Kalki break up or was she macking on Warsi? OR is the narrative that she caused the break up and then swooped in to cause trouble in the Warsi household because that is all single ladies have time for in Mumbai, apparently.

----

Check out Deepika and Ranveer in New York City for her birthday! My favorite is the stalkery one clearly snapped with an iPhone or something while they were trying to just eat their damn sushi.

And then check out Uday and Nargis in the Maldives… because it's so much better to have them in the gossip press than on film.

----

Actor Alok Nath is politely baffled at being turned into a meme.

When we asked the actor to mention some of the ones that are not in good taste, he politely replied saying, "They are not mentionable."

----

A helpful list of all the films based on books that are coming out this year.

'Detective Byomkesh Bakshi'

Director: Dibakar Banerjee

Storyline: Based on one of the 33 crime thrillers written by renowned Bengali writer Sharadindu Bandopadhyay, the comedy/drama will see Sushant Singh Rajput in a pivotal role playing a shrewd detective. Exploring the whodunit genre on the streets of the charming Kolkata (read: Calcutta), this endeavor too has a metropolitan city at its heart. Known for his rather minimalistic approach towards filmmaking, this upcoming film is Dibakar’s most expensive project so far.

I'm actually looking forward to this one. I do enjoy a good detective yarn!

----

Gulaab Gang trailer to come with Dedh Ishqiya.

----

A list of some generation musical talents including Shankar's son Siddharth, who was the voice of Aamir in "Malang."

----

Speaking of Aamir, I hadn't even thought about it before but I wonder if he found the theme of brotherly love more affecting because of his relationship with his own brother, who has struggled with mental illness (schizophrenia if I remember correctly.)

“Faizal has always been giving, it’s me who hasn’t been so generous. In fact, Faizal and I read the script of D3 together. He always sits with me and helps me make decisions while choosing scripts. My biggest fear is whether I will be able to give my 100% to whatever I do, and Faizal has always stood by me.”

----

WHY does Manish Paul think he's sexy? or SHOULD Manish Paul think he's sexy? (A: No.)

Related: SHOULD Luv Sinha be making another film? A: Only if he wants more jokes from me.

----

And something substantial--I was linked to this ages ago but a profile of Vikram.

THE FEW PEOPLE WHO REALLY know the Tamil star Vikram have probably been surprised by this admission of fear. Because even with those close to him, he’s always been about the jokes and high spirits and anecdotes that can really punch up a conversation. Like the one about how he ended up with that name. His parents—J Albert Victor and Rajeswari—named him Kennedy and called him Kenny. He hated the name, even if he had to admit that it was better than the one his ambitious grandfather had in mind: “Astronaut”. At some point, realising that if he wanted a name he liked, he’d have to come up with it himself, he took VI from his father’s name, K from Kennedy, RA from his mother’s, and RAM from his sun sign, Aries. A screen name was born.

----

The songs from episode 5 of Coke Studio are up!

----

Kangana!!!!!!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl