Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tuesday Post: Who put my poster up in the multiplex??

The end of the year lists are trickling out again… I don't know how interested people are in those. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of the same names from the same consensus films cycled over and over in every different outlet.

Blah blah Ship of Theusus, blah blah Farhan Akhtar, blah blah LUNCHBOX SHOULDDA BEEN A CONTENTAH… *yawn*

Maybe I should tally them! See how consensus the consensus films are?

And get to work on my own list of awards!

i.e. The 2013 Item Girl Who Most Resembles an Unbent Straw--Nargis Fakhri

The 2013 Best Mustache--Ranveer Singh's Ram Leela mouche

The 2013 Film Most Embarrassingly Dug Up From the Vault--Govinda and Piggy starrer Deewana Main Deewana














----

Rajpal Yadav's jail term has been suspended.

----

Big Papa Shotgun Sinha is calling out Ke Bani Crorepati for not giving the promised winnings to the celebrity guests (to be given to charity, natch) and not paying their taxes.

----

Nothing really of interest in this mini-article on Madhuri but I liked this:

The only thing that the actress misses about Denver, US is the hill station and climate and more open spaces. She says, "There are not many parks for children and less open spaces but my kids love it here. Friends can drop in your place without phone invitations and it is very homely here and the people are great."

I like seeing Denver described as a "hill station" and that seems like a pretty accurate description of the differences between the US and India.

----

There's something so seedy about using Poonam Pandey for "visibility." As much as I want Dimple Kapadia's film to do well for her sake, this whole thing with her playing an uptight comedy auntie and now using Poonam Pandey just feels gross. Can't we get Dimple a dignified, meaningful role? Don't we remember how she stole every scene with her magnetism in Luck By Chance?

----

OH MY GOD! Do media people hate Shahid Kapoor or what?! How passive-aggressive can you get?!

There is something about Shahid Kapoor! His magic seems to have gone beyond borders. From Germany to Russia, from the UK to the US, from almost every corner of the world – Shahid Kapoor has die-hard fans. Many of these fans don’t even speak Hindi, nor understand much about Bollywood films, but their love is never-ending.

*cough cough* Well, I don't speak Hindi but, if I might flatter myself, I do understand a bit about Bollywood films and believe me, my love for Shahid is not for his (admittedly) very pretty face. The guy has on-screen charm in bucketfuls, crazy dance skills, and an underdog quality that just make me want to cheer for him.

So suck it, Business of Cinema.

----

Arjun Kapoor's Okkadu remake to be called… Tevar.

----

Hello, fresh meat. Another producer's son looking to break into films.

And oh ho! Is somebody trolling Tiger Shroff in real life or is somebody just that big a fan of airbrushed abs?

Uday Chopra news! Two interviews. Or one interview and two posts. He wants to make a documentary on his dad.

Uday, who made unsuccessful attempts at doing solo hero films with his home productions "Neal 'N' Nikki" and "Pyaar Impossible", thanks his brohter and filmmaker Aditya for the reality check.

He said: "Criticism came from my brother. After 'Pyaar Impossible', he sat me down and said, 'This is the reality check for you. You tried again and again, but in a solo hero space you are not going to work. Accept it.'


Aw… that's actually kind of sweet. Whatever my opinion on their artistry, that's some good brotherly affection right there. Giving and taking criticism honestly.

----

Nice, Bollywood Life, we all know why Pooja Chopra is getting cast.

----

Is Boney Kapoor facing a financial crunch?

----



Jai ho!

ETA: An explanation of the poster!! Very cool stuff! Check it out!



























































3 comments:

odadune said...

Shiv Darshan: wait, just how old is this kid, if he was adult looking enough to work as a hero's double in the 10-12yr-old movie Talaash: The One That Isn't Any Good?

So long as Vipul doesn't cast Pooja in anything I want to see, in any role larger than Dance Impaired Item Girl, I don't really care what else she does.

Re: Some of these cattier articles against Bollywood heroes make me wonder if the reporter's girlfriend is a fan and the reporter is jealous.

Salman's got such a great voice for narrating, doesn't he? :)

Unknown said...

Minor correction : The mustache guy should be Ranveer Singh, not Shorey.

Filmi Girl said...

@Unknown I don't know why I have Ranvir Shorey on the brain… blame Ankhon Dekhi. ;)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl