Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Post: RIP Paul Walker...

Sad news today: a big RIP to Paul Walker, star of the Fast & Furious movies. There aren't too many Hollywood films that I enjoy but the Fast & Furious series remain some of my favorites. Films with big action and big heart. He'll be missed.

But I hope all the Americans out there had a nice Thanksgiving weekend.

And now the countdown to Christmas and Dhoom 3 really begins!

----

Singapore has bought into Eros Entertainment. So, can we assume they want to upgrade from Pyaar Impossible to something better?

----

Bullett Raja has not done too well but it wasn't playing at my local theater so I can't say one way or the other. I wonder if it just didn't get overseas distribution? Did anybody see it?

----

Salman Khan was on Koffee with Karan and trolled everybody on the planet by saying that he was 'still a virgin.'

Heh.

The best gift anybody could ever give me: articles like this one in which Bollywood Life considers the question. BUT IS HE LYING ABOUT IT?

----

Shahid Kapoor deserves some luck. Says Shahid Kapoor.

“It does feel that you’ve given so much and notgetting anything back, so it gets tiring after a point. But I thinkthe audience has faith in me as an actor. Things could’ve gone my way easily but they didn’t. It’s that kind of business. It’s a matter of luck,” he says. Luck, as you can see, is a word that was mentioned quite a number of times during the conversation.

And a fun little conversation with Prabhudeva, Shahid, and Sonakshi.

Prabhu Deva: That is why the backdrop for a song is also important. For the Sari Ke Fall track we shot in the salt pans in Gujarat. During a song, the focus should be on the actors, but the backdrop has to look stunning too.

Shahid: He has this knack of taking the ordinary stuff to make it look extraordinary.

----

The new trend in B-town? Books from Japanese novels. In translation, I'm assuming, which is too bad since most translations are pretty terrible.

----

Filming should start on Bang Bang soon but really you should click through to admire Kat in a lovely yellow and black outfit.

----

Bebo and Farhan are going to be 'zestful' in Bombay Samurai.

And independent, serious artist Farhan Akhtar to endorse Coca-Cola and Gillette.

Bebo's film with Ekta and Karan Johar stalled because of Ekta and Karan.

----

Juhi Chawla joins the Om Puri-Helen Mirren rom-com.

----

If there's no Amitabh Bachchan, there's no Welcome Back, says Anees Bazmee.

So, everybody let Amit know how much they don't want to see this film.

----

Govinda is playing a superstar in Happy Ending.

----

Sunny Deol is directing Ghayal Returns.

----

PC says she's missing from the teaser of Gunday as a promotional strategy. Look, I CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!

----

Rekha joins Asha Bhosle's concert in Dubai.

And a round-up of Shahrukh Khan's Dubai concert.

----

Something in me really just wants Sunny Leone to do well…

Have a song trailer from Jackpot--music by Jaaved Jaaferi. Eggjactly.

2 comments:

Moimeme said...

I think the best gift you could get is to actually watch this episode of KoffeeWithSalman, or, as someone proposed calling it, Chai with Bhai.

All the time I was watching it, I kept regretting that it should have come during the long weekend, when you were not on Bollywood duty, so to speak. :)

odadune said...

Re: Welcome Back: wait, I thought Naseeruddin and Dimple had been cast in the Amit-Rekha roles?

I need to sit down and watch Chai with Bhai, if only for the fun of Kjo getting put in his place and to find out whether Salim is as big a jerk as I've always thought him to be.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl