Sunday, December 22, 2013

Filmi Girl's Top Hindi Songs of 2013

Just a little something I cooked up.

Enjoy!

(In no particular order)


BEST HERO ENTRANCE:

"Tattad Tattad" (Ram-Leela)

Why? If you were not seated in a screaming horde of ladies when Ranveer made his grand entrance then I feel sorry for you. The Man With The Mouche was the one to beat in 2013! *whistle whistle*

BEST PRABHUDEVA ITEM TRIO!

Why? Because I love Prabhudeva and his work deserves some recognition. These three songs formed a trio of fun times that still has me dancing like crazy! Part 1 has Jackie Fernandez being stunning; part 2 has Akshay giving us all the charm he has; and part 3 has the new holy trinity: CHARMI, SONA, AND SASHA!

Part 1:

"Jadoo Ki Jhappi" (Ramaiya Vastavaiya)

Part 2:

"Hum Na Tode" (Boss)

Part 3:

"Gandi Baat" (R…Rajkumar)

BEST USE OF SHAHID KAPOOR:

"Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai Song" (Phata Poster Nikla Hero)

Why? Because I love Shahid and he gets a lot of shit, most of it undeserved. The guy has charm and talent and I will wave my Team Sasha flag over here until its recognized. GO TEAM SHAHID KAPOOR!

I mean, come on! Look at him wiggle that little puppy ass and tell me you don't love him. I dare you.

BEST USE OF THE FANTASTIC ALI ZAFAR AND RISHI KAPOOR JODI:

"Early Morning" (Chashme Baddoor)

Why? Rishi x Ali was my favorite pairing of the year, just behind Aamir and Katrina.

BEST USE OF THE BIZARRE:

"Dil Tu Hi Bataa" (Krrish 3)

Why? This is another song that got a lot of undeserved shit. It doesn't work well in isolation on youtube but in context is a great piece for Kangana's mutant character. The desert setting and bizarre styling suit the weirdo she's playing perfectly. Also, it's really grown on me.

Or maybe it's the Kangana factor. She really is the best.

BEST ROMANTIC SONG:

"Tu Hi Junoon" (Dhoom 3)

Why? This is the song that made me feel more romantic feels than anything else this year. Aamir delivers big on the emotion and Katrina delivers big on being lovable. To make it even better, the song is fantastic. I've listened to this probably about 50 times since I've seen the film and may or may not be still listening to it right now.

BEST OVERALL SOUNDTRACK:

Raanjhanaa

This may be a controversial choice but I really, really enjoyed both this film and this soundtrack. I linked to my favorite on it but all the songs are good. As far as Hindi soundtracks go this year, I'm going to have to give it to A.R. Rahman. The Raanjhanaa OST captured a lot of different emotions and remained in my playlist for a long time.

6 comments:

Archee ologist said...

Got to agree with most of your choices. Even 'Dil tu hi bata'. I thought Alisha Chinoy and Kangana were awesome. It was the only bearable song in the album too. I barely even noticed Hritik Roshan!

But I do not agree with the choice of Gandi Baat. I am not sure if you know, but colloquially 'Gandi Baat' means 'dirty deed'. I found the lyrics to be misogynist and slightly distasteful. No doubt this song will be used to harass women on the streets. (I am not blaming the song for harassment. It will just act as fodder and ammunition.)

You missed the Katrina's solo songs from Dhoom 3 and Nagada Sang :)

Have a great holiday, Filmigirl.

Filmi Girl said...

@Archee You make a good point about Gandi Baat. I have the luxury of choosing to take the song in a cheeky manner but you're right that it could be used to harass women.

And I liked the Katrina song and Nagada but the ones I put above are the ones I've re-watched the most. :)))

It was a good year for Deepika!

Filmi Girl said...

And happy holidays to you!! :)

odadune said...

Most of the ones on your list that I've seen, I liked. Tattad Tattad didn't do much for me, but I didn't see it in the theater with all the screaming fangirls.

Hum na Tode is one of the best things about a very uneven movie (if you haven't seen it yet but plan to, do yourself a favor and fastforward the flashbacks and anything that involves Shiv's character without his dad or his brother.)

Dil Tu Hi Bataa is easy to mock but kind of grew on me, even without seeing the movie. More amazing when you learn Kangna had to style herself for the movie, due to Rakesh Roshan skimping that part of the budget.

Filmi Girl said...

@odadune I said it in my other 2013 wrap up post but Kangana is really the most precious thing. I just adore her~~ of course only she could come up with such deliciously odd styling! XD

It is easy to mock and I think it's taking the lazy route out to do so… sadly, there is a growing lack of appreciation for the bizarre and over-the-top.

merasongspk said...

Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai nice dance in this song . shahid kapoor rocks

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl