Saturday, December 7, 2013

A VERY DHOOM ADVENT CALENDAR DAYS 6-7

To celebrate the release of Dhoom 3 and to countdown to my favorite holiday (CHRISTMAS!), I present an alphabet advent calendar Dhoom style!

Click to open the window for day!


G is for… Sanjay Gadhvi, who directed Dhoom and Dhoom 2.

While I'm not a huge fan of Sanjay, I do have a lot of respect for the guy. He delivered a fine product in Dhoom and when given the opportunity to create a finer product with Dhoom 2, he did so! And now that Dhoom 3 was taken out of his hands, he is handling it with grace.

"If the makers of Dhoom franchise believe that it has the potential to be made into a third film, it is a proud moment for me, and I wish that the third film is a bigger blockbuster than the previous two films," he added. (From here.)

The poor guy seems never to have recovered from being "Imran'ed" with Kidnap in 2008 and his last film was the gun-for-hire Vashu Bhagnani Joint Ajab Gazabb Love, which starred today's Uday Chopra: Jackky Bhagnani.

I wish Sanjay all the best in the future and hope he gets a good project soon!

H is for… Homoerotic tension! There is a reason Abhishek was the perfect choice for Dostana--his crazy awesome chemistry with his male co-stars! If Jai Dixit isn't bickering rom-com style with Ali, he's making eyes at every villain to stroll his way.


*looking for a good target*

*absolutely not sorry to have disturbed him*

*am I getting hit on?*

*Yes*

*Coffee is clearly code for something*

*money is not, though*

*he doesn't mean it that way, Jai!*

I is for… International!

While the first Dhoom went to not-very-exotic Goa, Dhoom 2 and Dhoom 3 really raised the bar for international locations! Forget London and New York (*yawn*), Dhoom 2 sent Jai and Ali and A and Sunerhi to Namibia and Rio (trumpeted as the first Bollywood film shot in Brazil!) and Dhoom 3 was shot in Chicago, of all places, and… Switzerland.

I can't wait to see what's in store for us!

1 comment:

eliza bennet said...

I loved the caps! Especially

"am I getting hit on?"

"yes"

Thank you for this:)

Now ending with a fangirl comment:

Abhishek is the sexiest man in Indian cinema.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl