Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wednesday post: The Bandar-car is outraged. OUTRAGED!

Abbas-Mustan's Baazigar is 20 year old! Check out Shahrukh and Kajol's Filmfare performance of "Yeh Kali Kali Ankhien."

Deepanjana Pal writes on the film over here.

Baazigar established Khan as bona fide Bollywood and from then on, there was no looking back. The role of Ajay Sharma in Baazigar had been turned down by a number of actors, including Akshay Kumar. Unsurprisingly, not too many were comfortable playing a character whose solution to every problem is murder. Khan got the role and he played up the calculated evil of Ajay’s action so convincingly that by the end of the film, you found yourself feeling sorry for the man who has killed his girlfriend, two of her friends and her father.

I feel like going on a 1990s movie binge now.


----

I'm loving all the Kangana around everywhere.

Ask her why people should watch her next and she says, “The film reflects reality. It’s about a real-life struggle, which involves a sensitive love story. It also has some good music. It’s a family entertainer without any controversial content. But people should decide for themselves if they want to watch the film. It’s an option for them."

It's an option I'll take, Kangs!

----

Bebo, too! MORE KAREENA, PLEASE!

"This is my job and being married is a separate part. My thinking is lot more different with many actresses in the industry. I don't understand why people in showbiz put their profession of acting in the back seat after marriage.

"Even before marriage, I was with Saif for five years and I worked with almost every actor. I will continue to do like I did before my marriage," she added.

Oh, snap!

----

I've liked what I seen from Raj Kumar Yadav. He seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.

"I have no plans as such that this will be the next film I want to do. For instance, I don't plan to do a film that will make Rs 100 crore or get critically acclaimed. I listen to a story, read a script and if I like it and it excites me, I do it," he said.

Sounds good to me. 100 Crore films can be great and critically acclaimed films can suck.

----

The other non-Sushant Kai Po Che boy is doing a film with Shoojit Sircar and Tapsee called RunningShaadi.com. I don't know what to think. Maybe it will be cute? Maybe? Rom-coms are troublesome creatures, though.

----

I have to admit that a large part of me is cheering for Naseer's Zinda Bhaag to go to the Oscars just to fuck with Irrfan Khan. I think his head would explode if Naseeruddin gets to swan around on the red carpet. Not that Naseer would but you know...

----

It's too early for me to make much sense of this crime report but some jerks posing as CBI agents tried to scam Rakesh Roshan? But then Rakesh was under investigation because he fell for it so he must have done something bad? Or something? I don't know. It's early and this seems jumbled.

----

How is this cousin of Priyanka's a different from this cousin? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

----

Ganesh Venkatraman entering Bollywood with a Dhanush remake called GUNS OF BENARES…as the villain.

He claims, "I am sporting a rugged beard and a tattoo of an aghori baba on my arms. Though I can speak fluent Hindi, I went to Benaras 20 days in advance to pick up the UP lingo and also to study the body language of the local mafia."

I can dig it!

----

And for some laughs, enjoy Yahoo India's write up of THE SHOLAY 3D CREDITS CONTROVERSY which has the Bandar-car outraged (OUTRAGED!) that Ramesh Sippy's name isn't prominently featured in the credits but then has an anonymous source all like, "Well, Ramesh thought this was a terrible idea so I don't think he'll be upset at his name not being in 3D."

Fair enough, bro.

----

1 comment:

odadune said...

90s binge: Ah hell yes! I did that from late November to January this past year, it was great (if disturbing) fun. Saw all the 90s Khiladi movies except MKTA (which I'd already seen) and Mr and Mrs.

I feel bad for Rakesh Roshan because I can see him as the kind of tough but bewildered old geezer that con artists often manage to manipulate. I'd feel even sorrier for him if he didn't have an inquiry pending and if Bollywood hadn't just done an expose of this stuff complete with hotline to call if confronted by a supposed CBI agent.

Meera Chopra and Barbie Handa seem to be different people to judge by the Google images results. Barbie's like a taller, plumper version of Parineeti and Meera's like a non-plastic-surgery version of Priyanka.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl