Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday Post: What happens when my coffee pot breaks? This.

You guys!!!!! I went to switch on my coffee pot this morning and *zap* NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!!

So, please excuse the lamest post ever. Without coffee, my critical thinking skills are essentially at this level:

*pink glitter*

*swishy sound effect*

*Lolo is so pretty*

So have the handful of stories not involving Aishwarya's in-law drama or Farhan mouthing off to the press about how movies now have layers. (NOW?! NOW?!!!!!)


----

After the protests, Vishal Bhardwaj talks about his film and Kashmir.

Bharadwaj said he wants to tell the story of Kashmir. "All the characters are from Kashmir in my film. My film does not show people singing on a shikara (boat) or running with a gun. It is the story of a middle class family from here. My character is a well educated character," he said.

----

Priyanka Chopra was dropped from the Last Vegas soundtrack.

----

Preity Zinta and her money troubles make a return.

----

Photos from the Blenders Pride runway show. Kangana is looking fierce!

----

4 comments:

odadune said...

I'm curious about this "middle-class Hamlet" thing. I'm not saying you can't do it; Shakespeare gives a lot less space to the political sphere there than he does in say, Lear, but it's not how I've usually seen the play done. (I'm sure it has been done that way sometime, cuz everything has...)

Filmi Girl said...

See I didn't even pick up on that!! But you're right--without the high court drama, what will Hamlet look like, I wonder… Even if politics aren't present, there's still a lot of tension over succession and power.

Moimeme said...

It could be just an inheritance of some family property that's at stake, not necessarily a kingdom. But in that case, why Kashmir? Yeah, I can sympathize with Kashmiris who want to be seen as people and not just a political issue, but still, why pick a Kashmiri setting and characters if they can be anyone?

BTW, I never thought of Hamlet as a story about a royal succession, but about a son trying to figure out who murdered his father and why. That kind of story can be told without reference to any politics, but again, then why Kashmir?

eliza bennet said...

A turkish director has made a film called "Kadın Hamlet" (lit. translation Woman Hamlet) and it is suprisingly a decent adaptation of a rural Turkish village where the Hamlet character is -surprise!- a woman.
Not that the film is good in itself (the director is too artsy and indulgent) but as an adaptation it was decent and kind of worked.

I loved Bharadwaj's Omkara but not as enamoured with Maqbool as an adaptation (I liked it as a film) and I simply can't see Shahid in the role but I still have hopes for this.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl