Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thursday Post: Krrish 3 again this weekend? Yes/Yes?

Roti, Kapada, aur Rum's Rum sent me a link to this silly review of Krrish 3 this morning. I hate these reviewers obsessed with picking out references--as if everything in every Hollywood film sprung directly from the head of the filmmaker like Athena. What's wrong with Rakesh Roshan assembling bits and pieces of the Western superhero mythos into a uniquely masala superhero product? I've seen X-Men and Iron Man and whatever and was bored stiff. I was riveted during Krrish 3. There's the only thing that matters.

And it seems like audiences agree with me and not Reviewer Pulled From The Set Of The Big Bang Theory.


----

Happy birthday to Kamal Haasan! Firstpost looks at his underrated films.

----

Vivek Oberoi is THRILLED to be in a hit film. Thrilled. (TOI link but worth it.)

What was your wife Priyanka's reaction to Kaal?

One day, after pack-up, I came home in my getup. Priyanka was in the kitchen, I touched her shoulder, she turned, saw me and almost fell down. She couldn't believe a soft-hearted guy like me could look so evil.

I know I shouldn't but I love Vivek Oberoi. CONGRATULATIONS ON A HIT, VIVEK!

----

Wait… why is SRK having a Chennai Express success bash right as Krrish 3 is breaking its records at the box office… hmm… I wonder…

----

Priyanka Chopra on ABC News--she really wants to be the next Aishwarya Rai, felicitated by the American media.

----

Shotgun Sinha addressed the United Nations and I can only hope that he answered questions in the style of his Filmfare column.

----

Anurag Kashyap has a bug up his butt about the smoking is injurious to health warnings.

----

This I'll be curious to see: Punit "never met a rom-com about a wimpy hipster bro he didn't like" Malhotra directing Akshay Kumar?

----

Punit's golden boy has this to say about flop films:

"The release was watched very badly, we released in 1,000 screens, obviously that was a problem. According to me the film wasn't bad, I was very happy with my work but unfortunately few things are not in your hands. As an actor you can only concentrate on your work and performance, beyond that things are not in your control," Imran said.

Which is true.

----

Is RGV not paying his bills?

----

Prabhudeva would work with Shahid again because he's a good dancer. Everything about this pleases me.

----

Shahrukh thinks people really want to see fifty-year old men with perfect abs. Because Salman does it? SRK! Your fans liked you before you started on the ab trick with "Dard De Disco." It's enough. Bas.

----

I bet Salman's neighbors wouldn't have called the cops if they had just been invited.

----

AND the real story today was snagged by Bollywood Life: ARE RANVEER AND DIPPY REALLY DATING?

Now we know that SLB’s onscreen Ram and Leela share a sizzling chemistry, but wasn’t it obvious that their link-up off screen was just a promotional strategy? After all, this is one trick that never fails to grab public attention. Remember the Ranbir Kapoor-Nargis Fakhri link-up during Rockstar or the Ranbir-Deepika coming closer again episode during Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani? But a film like Ram-Leela has all the ingredients to succeed on its own, so why do the stars need to use such a cheap publicity stunt – makes you wonder, hai na?

----

Trailer for Akshay's Grazing Goat Punjabi film:

The item looks pretty boss!

1 comment:

odadune said...

Considering that SRK is doing this for the same director as Dard-E-Disco, I'm gonna let him off the hook for this idea and blame Farah.

Re: Bhaji in Problem: some of the song videos have already been released, my apologies if you've already seen this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_yDTuE3y8U

Whatever his other failings-and I've soured on him a little bit due to his raunchier jokes during the GTPM promotions-Imran's always struck me as having a healthy attitude about the business.

And yes, PDdancing should totally work with Sasha whenever their schedules permit. Match made in heaven.

In terms of what kind of performance Punit's going to want to see from Akshay in Gutka, my own hunch would be something quirky but not loud along the lines of his work in Desi Boyz. It's pretty clear from IHLS and the GTPM promos that Punit's constantly prodding the rather sedate Imran to be more animated; he won't have to worry about that at least with Akshay. And you just know Akki's gonna prank the crap out of Punit for naming the ditzy movie star "Rajiv Kumar" from IHLS after him. (Also Kjo and Akki butting heads over the Gutka soundtrack should be a hoot.)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl