Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Post: Johnny Walker Appreciation Day.

Today is Johnny Walker's birthday! RIP to a talented comedian. I love watching old Johnny Walker songs; they remind me of a more innocent time.

Here's a list of ten great Johnny Walker songs!
----

A rundown of films from early 2013.

----

Fairness creams. Easha Acharya writes on them here:

The issue is no longer historical or religious: It has become almost completely commercial. What was once a philosophy leftover from a more archaic time is now kept alive through a cosmetic industry bent on making consumers feel that they’re not good enough, much like the prize of thinness in North America.

In fact, it's exactly the same.

Kangana says she won't endure them.

“Ever since I was a kid, I have never understood the concept of fairness. Especially, in such a case, as a celebrity, what kind of an example would I be setting for younger people? I have no regrets about turning this offer down. As a public figure, I have responsibilities,” says Kangana, who was apparently offered `2 crore to become the face of this product.

Koimoi takes Shahrukh to task for endorsing them.

----

John Abraham, star of such films as Race 2, needs to stop with his I only care about quality nonsense because it makes him sound like a HUGE DICK. Because, what? Does that make the people who make massy films not trying for quality? Are the people who see John in Race 2 all idiots then?

Come on, Johnny A. Get it together.

----

Actually, perhaps Johnny A. can get together with Cineswami over at Bollywood Life for the most sour grapes write-up of Krrish 3's blockbuster status EVER!

Now that the Indian public has so whole-heartedly embraced the Roshans into their wallets, we can expect more of me too films from Bollywood. RA. One, though a highly entertaining film, did not meet audience expectations. Anubhav Sinha and Shahrukh Khan set the bar too high, perhaps being ivory tower residents themselves. Clearly the Roshans are men of the people and simply changed the setting from high concept to low concept.

I'm laughing so hard I can only hope this is intended as parody. Well, even if it's not… DYING OF LAUGHTER RIGHT NOW.

----

Shahid Kapoor in Kashmir!

----

The slap gate case against Govinda has been dismissed.

----

ANOTHER DHOOM TEASER!

----

Crazy-ass looking Tamil fantasy film starring Arya? YES PLEASE!

1 comment:

odadune said...

If he only cares about quality, why is he making Welcome Back? And is rumored to be making Hera Pheri 3 and a sequel to Awara Paagal Deewana?

OMGosh, in what universe is Ra.One "highly entertaining"? The main things I took away from it was that Kareena and Arjun were pretty good when the story let them do their thing, the FX were nice and the one item number was thought up by someone who was really, really envious of Chiggy Wiggy.

re: Irandam Ulagam: I have mixed feelings about the only other film I saw by this director, but this looks really weird in a good way.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl