Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Post: It's Magic!

Krrish 3 is doing well at the box office it looks like! I'm happy for Hrithik and Rakesh!! I really, really enjoyed the film and I promise I have a review coming. Let me put it this way: I enjoyed the film enough that I didn't even hate Priyanka!!

So, don't listen to wet blanket reviewers; if you liked the first two films in the series, you'll enjoy this one, too.

All I can say right now is that Rakesh Roshan really understands me.

----

The TOI floats the idea of a film called Mr and Mrs Tapori starring Ranbir and Parineeti.

And Mid-day has Ranbir turning down a two hero film with SRK.


----

So... Ranveer Singh doesn't have much of a fanclub within the Bollywood journo circle, huh? Nice dig, Subhash K. Jha.

Eros is desperately keen to acquire the rights since they haven't acquired the production/distribution rights of anyfilm featuring any of the Khan superstars in the last one year. The company's roster this year has no A-listers. The hero of their next release Ram Leela is the self-styled star Ranveer Singh, and after that it's the down-and-out Shahid Kapoor in R... Rajkumar.

Sohail is stringing Eros along for like 200 crores for Salman's Jai Ho.

----

Sajid Khan is teaming up again with Saif Ali Khan and we haven't even seen their first outing!! They must have really hit it off! Himmatwala aside, I'm looking forward to whatever Sajid does next.

----

Raja Sen writes on Byomkesh Bakshi and film adaptations over at Caravan.

Over in Mumbai, having bought the rights to all 32 stories in every language other than Bengali, Dibakar Banerjee has announced his own Byomkesh Bakshi film, with Kai Po Che! star Sushant Singh Rajput in the lead role. Elsewhere in that city, perhaps buoyed by Banerjee’s ambitious intentions, Shoojit Sircar, director of Vicky Donor, has announced plans for a remake of Ray’s Sonar Kella, with Aamir Khan as Feluda. Meanwhile, Basu Chatterjee’s classic 1993 television series about Byomkesh continues to captivate audiences via YouTube and yet another of Doordarshan reruns.

----

Watching Krrish 3 this weekend really put me in the mood to re-watch the first two films. There's something so sweet about Hrithik's Rohit... and remember when Preity was famous for acting and not her legal troubles?

1 comment:

odadune said...

Not surprised about Saif and Sajid hitting it off; Sajid has a reputation for keeping things fun on the set (for certain predominantly male values of fun), and he's geeky about movies in general in a way that would I think appeal to Saif.

I'm watching Stalin in increments (say what you will about Thuppaki but at least it's not three hours long) and I have to say, I really think Salman would work well for this role, possibly better than Chiranjeevi did. Here's hoping Sohail doesn't mess it up.

Kjo did you not get the memo? Ranbir's been dodging two-hero projects for years, courtesy of his school buddy Rohit Dhawan. He wasn't likely to change his mind, even for the likes of you and SRK.

Subhash Jha is not kind to Shahid either :(

Glad you liked K3; the first two didn't do anything for me (didn't even make it all the way through the second one), but I'm glad people like Rakesh are still out there doing their thing. And if it helps keep Hrithik from making stuff like Guzaarish, so much the better.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl