Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Post: In which PC pretends Kangs doesn't exist!

I'm desperately trying to avoid all buzz and reviews for Ram Leela so, like with Krrish 3, I'm going to ask that you refrain from posting spoilers, etc. as comments--although that didn't stop everybody last time. Sigh.

Isn't it a nice thing to go into a film with no pre-formed opinions?

Ah! People in Washington, DC! I went to the Kennedy Center last night to see Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty and it was wonderful!! I highly recommend you check it out if you have a chance. The lead dancer is really good!! And the choreography and sets and costumes were so cool!! There was even an Isadora Duncan inspired dance, which set my inner teenager all a-flutter because I went through an (embarrassing) Isadora Duncan period of swanning all around my bedroom to music.

It's funny. Looking back now, my mother says she wishes she had signed me up for ballet lessons since I loved dancing so much but I'm actually glad she didn't. With my body type--tall and with a broad frame--it would have been miserable in the end, right? But maybe there's some adult learner classes or something...

Anyways, quick news today!


----

TOI has a couple of nonsense interviews I found funny in contrast.

Sexy isn't' about skin show says Sunny Leone.

My willingness for skin show is all I have going for me says Nargis Fakhri but not in those words.

----

Mostly just Imran Khan talking with Anupama Chopra:

Anupama: Imran, you once referred to romantic films as your bread and butter. You’ve done ten films, five are romances and all of them are at least moderately successful. Why do you think the audience has such a hard time accepting you as something other than the nice, urban guy?

Mr. Khan: I don’t know. It is something that I get asked a lot. I do think it’s more of a coincidence than anything that these are the ones that have worked. And when I have moved away from that space, I have not been as successful.

Let me field this one, Immi. They aren't roles: You Actually Are Just A Nice Urban Guy.

----

PC paints an interesting picture of Krrish 3 in her paid promotional appearance over at Hollywood gossip blog Just Jared.

JJ: Since it’s an action packed film, did you have to perform any stunts for the movie?

PC: Actually, I’m special in this movie, I’m the only one who doesn’t do any. I just watch the superhero and the super menace fight over me. I’m the girl who turns around at boys that fight over me.

JJ: What was your favorite off set moment?

PC: I think both the boys had to do a lot of action in the movie and they had major costumes on because of the masks and the capes… really hard and difficult outfits to wear and it was super hot in India while we were filming it. I got to sit in my air conditioned room in my outfit and watch.

Um… excuse you. Kangana Ranaut doesn't exist now? Costume, fighting, etc. "Both boys and my female co-star" I think you meant to say.

Also:

JJ: What is the last song you downloaded on your iPod?

PC: “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus. Whatever people say, I think she’s making amazing music. I love Miley Cyrus’ music.

Ha ha ha!! Of course, for the woman who is 31 going on 13.

----

Katrina in those heels, though… *fans self* I love her little red spangly bodysuit. It's kind of circusy, no?

----

I'm also seriously feeling this. SONU SOOD!

2 comments:

odadune said...

Sonu Sood definitely does not get to be in enough song picturizations.

I think PC writing Kangna out of Krrish 3 has less to do with any rivalry and more with the fact that drawing attention to the female who kicks butt in the movie raises awkward questions about PC's role.

I've joked before that Kat's role in D3 seems to be Sheila ki Jawaani as a character instead of an item number. Dhoom Machale hasn't changed my mind ;)

Filmi Girl said...

Aka Female rivalry? XDD

And meant to answer yesterday but was at ballet--I agree on both points. There should be films you can watch with children but the idea of specific "children's" product isn't like a necessary cultural thing.

Sheila Ki Jawaani as a character could be interesting…

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl