Monday, October 7, 2013

Update from Hiatus-Land

In case it wasn't obvious, things probably won't be back to normal for at least another week and maybe two but I thought I would pop in with some updates!

FEARLESS NADIA! Did that get your attention? A restored Fearless Nadia print will be shown in Melbourne on October 13.


----

First of all: BESHARAM!

Right on the heels of his brother Anurag's The Lunchbox hissy fit comes Abhinav's meltdown when Besharam got panned and promptly flopped.

It couldn't possibly be his failure as a director so it must be A CONSPIRACY:

However, he was quick to add: "With whatever is happening around Besharam, I smell some kind of a sinister plan. Certain forces don't want the film to succeed".

Enjoy a few pans that probably had Arbaaz Khan yelling: I TOLD YOU SO to Malaika over the breakfast table.

And then there are ten questions for Abhinav:

Q2: How would you describe your command over Hindi? Dodgy? Non-existent? Imaginary? Because the last time I checked, besharam meant ‘shameless’, not ‘disgusting’. Perhaps you think language is open to interpretation. But really, was there no other way to show Babli is shameless without repeated shots of him picking his nose, adjusting his ‘family jewels’ (always accompanied by one of those annoying ‘poinngg’ sound effects, so that we know this is supposed to be funny), thrusting his pelvis, caressing his chest hair and so on?

----

Nargis is under the impression that a) she's an actor and b) people other than media flacks care.

Maddy talks about how Hollywood discovered India.

Woody Allen doesn't like the smoking is INJURIOUS to health label and declines to screen his film in India.

----

R... Rajkumar trailer!

Bullett Raja trailer!!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR BOTH OF THESE!

1 comment:

Nigel M said...

Hi, I have only recently discovered your blog and look forward to reading more. You cover an area of film that I have become increasingly interested in recent times. Maybe I am a little jaded with what comes out of Hollywood these days and maybe too many CGI exploding planets have made me numb to that area of cinema. Though I have only dipped a toe into Indian drama and action cinema I am certainly getting a feel for the pacing and aesthetics. So, I look forward to reading more on your return from hiatus. Who knows, you may just inspire me to write a little on this area of film too. At present I have a films that have wanted to write on but have too little experience of the "language" of Indian cinema, its tropes or players to be able to make much of a contribution to the global understanding of these films. But I am learning. I look forward to reading more.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl