Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Post: Injar Pinjar!

So, obviously, I didn't see Mickey Virus this weekend but I suspect this cranky review from Manoj Krishnan at the New Indian Express comes closest to how I would have felt:

This movie, however, is a feel good movie for nerds. Although, I don’t know too many nerds with such a good muscle tone. I doubt they even exist. This could, as usual, be attributed to the real world unrealism we see in Bollywood. Spoiler alert: The nerd gets the girl, and for nerd standards, she’s a regular Lara Croft.

*sigh*

Just like Hollywood!

Which perhaps explains why Dude-Bro over at Variety seemed to think it was aiight.


----

Oh!! Aamir Khan is in my part of the world today--attending an awards event for Satyamev Jayate. Good luck, Aamir!!

----

The Hindustan Times rounds up TV actors doing movies who are... not single.

----

Aditya Roy Kapur talks to Bollywood Life and it really must be frustrating for struggling actors to read about all the chances these industry sons get in half-assed performance after half-assed performance. I don't mind Aditya--he's fairly likable on screen--but he's no great talent either.

While most actors grow up knowing they want to face the camera, Aditya knew he wanted to be an actor, only after he had did it. “Only once I became an actor did I think about doing it seriously. But I never really grew up on this staple of watching movies and being enamoured by it. I would in fact scoff at the idea because I couldn’t imagine myself acting. I’d look at films and say ‘what rubbish.

----

Mithun dances in Georgia for fans!! Disco Dancer was a HUGE hit in the former Soviet Union.

"Due to unprecedented success in his movie Disco Dancer, he was particularly popular in Georgia and other former Soviet Union countries in the 80s," journalist Soso Khachidze told Digital Spy.

"During that time, Georgian movie fans couldn't have imagined to shake a hand, get an autograph or take a picture with him, because out of all the Bollywood movie stars, only Raj Kapoor and Nargis visited Georgia in the late 1950s."

----

Priyanka to torture our ears with a third unnecessary single.

----

Malaika Arora Khan for Happy New Year!! So that no items after 40 thing was just hot air from the press.

----

I don't think it was necessary to use a "sexy" photo of Nikunj unless it was as a fuck you to her relatives? (TOI link)

Nikunj said, "They told my parents they would kill them if they did not call me back home. They threatened my mother, who has been my sole supporter. This forced me take action against my relatives." Detailing the abuse her parents faced, she said, "They would come home and threaten my parents, asking my for my address in Mumbai. They said they would travel to Mumbai and bring me back with them."

----


Kabir Khan posted some stills from upcoming Saifu/Kat film on Twitter yesterday.

----

And... a solid little number from Ishk Actually.

1 comment:

odadune said...

Injar Pinjar reminds me a bit of those "hero/heroine dressed as quaint villagers" dream sequences from the 90s.

Hey, vast improvement on that weak Imran-centric song video from GTPM that just came out (if you haven't seen it, FG, I recommend you go right on not-seeing it). My main reaction to that one was "Punit my boy, one of these days you're going to direct someone like Shahid or Sushant who really can dance, and either your head's going to asplode or you'll be like that dog that caught the car, and doesn't know what to do with it."

The Saifu/Kat movie is probably not going to be my thing: Ek Tha Tiger was just about bearable, but this one apparently takes the Drama and Geopolitics and Geopolitical Drama seriously. But so far it's a really slick looking movie, and both the actors could use a spot of respectability.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl