Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday Post: Early morning...

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of Bollywood's favorite grumpy, old men--Rishi Kapoor!

He can still go toe-to-toe with the charmingest men in the business.

Keep making films, sir, and I'll keep watching them!

(But not Besharam because Ranbir in the trailer gives me a headache.)


----

Cherry may have been dubbed in Zanjeer and he has yet to prove himself to Hindi audiences but he's still getting rumored for new projects.

----

Does anybody really care what Abhinay Deo is doing next? Related: is anybody actually excited about the Indian 24? It's just bogus "catching up" with the West nonsense.

Ughhh... I also get nervous when any actors stars name checking famous politicians as inspiration for their role. Politics is complicated; most people in show business don't understand more than the surface level.

----

I saw this story before but Jackie to play a film director in Roy. Hopefully the "female" part of "female director" won't be a punchline or joke or anything.

----

Vivek Oberoi talks villainy and sex comedy to TOI.

Ideally I wouldn't have done a film like this [Grand Masti]. At best, I am a reluctant participant. When I read the script, I was shocked. Then I called up Riteish, he too had a similar reaction. Then we both put things in perspective. We, as an audience, enjoy films like American Pie and The Hangover, then why the double standards when it comes to Grand Masti? With this logic, I felt lets go do it. If there was a scene beyond my comfort zone, I put it on Aftab.

There is so much to enjoy here--from the "sure, I did but I didn't want to" to the putting everything on that potato of an actor Aftab.

----

Mid-Day gives us some people who struggled but got stuck around for success in Bollywood...

Emraan Hashmi Debut: Footpath (2003) Turnaround: Although his last two releases didn’t create a buzz at the box office, he’s accepted as a promising entrant of the big league. What’s worth noting about his admirable shift is the fact that not very long ago, he was labelled ‘serial kisser’ thanks to his streak of onscreen smooches. However, that was in the past. Due to his work in The Dirty Picture and Shanghai, the tag has been altered to ‘serious actor’.

----

Firstpost has a gushing profile of Sushant Singh Rajput for your reading enjoyment...

Despite his rippling muscles, Rajput hates going to the gym because he finds it boring. His present fitness regime includes horse riding, playing lawn tennis and martial arts. Apparently, Rajput thinks his belly is his problem area. For the purposes of research and journalism, we’ve spent a fair amount of time staring at his midsection and we’d like to report that it’s not problematic.

----

Andaz Apna Apna remake--yay or nay?

----

I wish Akshay would do more reluctant video blogs--his lack of interest in social media and promoting himself is really so charming! Still, I'm enjoying his old uploads!

SPEAKING OF WHICH--you guys, how gross is that Ranveer Singh GQ model video going around. Just, ew. Women are people, too, you know, GQ. Not just props in underwear.

----

Has anybody checked out much of Season 3 of Coke Studio India? Still not as good as Coke Studio Pakistan, right? Any gems so far? Anybody?

----

Perfume's new song teaser! EEEE!

1 comment:

odadune said...

Happy Birthday to one of the best character actors in Bollywood. Hope your son grows up to get as many Cool Old Guy roles as you do.

I'm actually okay with the idea of Andaz Apna Apna: The Next Generation. It's basically a Bollywood cousin to the old Bob Hope/Bing Crosby "Road to" comedies, so I'm not opposed to there being more like it, and the director's idea of casting Ranbir and Shahid seems sound: they'd be pretty funny as the bumbling egomaniac schemers.

I have somehow not encountered/heard about any videos involving Ranveer Singh and GQ models. I suspect I don't want to know.

Squeeing over the sight of Akshay struggling with the Italian language. So cute. He's blatantly confused about what he's supposed to be doing with this v-log thing, but it beats watching him sleepwalk through interviews with journalists who have nothing intelligent to ask him, about movies he enjoyed making but is moderately sure are going to tank (referring to the Dobaara promotions here, not Boss).

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl