Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday Post: FG puts on her Jagga T-shirt and Jagga backback with a Jagga notebook inside and some Jagga-braded cool drinks and snack bars and watches Jagga spin-off videos on her Jagga phone and... and...

Hello, hello, people of the world! The sun actually hasn't risen yet--that's how early I get up every day for you--and neither has the schedule for this weekend been posted. I do have a backlog of things to watch via streaming. For one thing, if you missed Eega, which is , you can catch it on this newly launched Telugu film streaming site with English subtitles!! I am very interested in watching again with English subs in order to catch some of the dialogues I missed... and because who doesn't need more Kiccha Sudeep in their lives? Am I right?! (*Sudeeeep!*)

I'd also enjoy writing a review that could talk more about the plot than the first time around. I do try not to give too many plot spoilers in my reviews and for the most part, if I'm talking about a new release, you can feel safe reading my reviews unless I specify otherwise.

PS Is there any interest in photos from the Besharam press meet in New York? I received some but will only post if you're interested.


----

Enjoy this delightfully cranky review of Anubhav Sinha's Warning. From the director of Cash and Dus comes... WARNING 3D.

----

Variety has an article talking about Disney-UTV's partnership.

Screwvala and Kapur now seem to have identified the franchise potential that can be developed from the three films and, with the world’s largest media group behind them, can now do more about taking them worldwide. They calculate that “Jagga Jasoos” has the longterm potential to emerge as the first Disney-branded franchise out of India, delivering sequels, merchandise, comics, a television show and online games, although no deals have been struck.

Get ready to be inundated with Ranbir Kapoor in and as Jagga Jasoos. Ah, there's nothing like the smell of a big money-creatively bankrupt franchise in the morning.

----

The Good Road director Gyan Correa talks about everything.

May I tell you something straight from my heart? I am new to all this and I really don’t know how to deal with the whole unsavoury controversy. Very genuinely I feel the film I made has merit. Otherwise, it wouldn’t have been selected for the Oscars. People who hadn’t heard of the film let alone seen it, are criticising it. That I think is unfair.

----

EEEE! Maddy to play a retired boxer in an upcoming Tamil film!!

----

Aish and Abhi for Happy Anniversary.

----

Some stills of Shahid in Prabhudeva's R... Rajkumar--which should be boss if history is anything to go by. A) Prabhudeva. B) Shahid is at the top of his game right now.

And some on-set snaps from London for Humshakals, which I'm also looking forward to. I wonder what lessons--if any--Sajid Khan took from Himmatwala... And, boy, does Riteish look fresh-faced and just plain adorable. I have long been a fan of his and I wish he got better work than second hero-ing to Saifu.

----

Ummm... Rakesh-sir, I really, really would like to support Krrish 3 but you're making it hard. What the heck is this song?!

3 comments:

Moimeme said...

Re Besharam NY pics -- if these are the so-called "Diwali celebrations" which took place a good six weeks before Diwali actually occurs this year, then NO, THANK YOU!

Re Krrish 3 song -- clearly Rakesh Roshan watched a LOT of Star Trek. :) If you can think of it is Captain Kirk romancing one of his random aliens, then it will all make sense. :D

ThisnThat said...

Hi FG, I love the business of Bollywood drama, and have been a longtime reader of this blog. I LOVE it. It's really fun to catch up on all the drama, new releases and some gossip and I love how you take the trouble to post every single day. So, thank you!

I also love the comments of this reader community, so thank you all for giving me fun stuff to read. Onward and upward ;o)

Neeraj Angal said...

I hope The Good Road goes far.

We should remember that the FFI has a history of making left-field selections: remember Paheli? How you judge this selection depends on what you think the FFI should be doing. If it's picking the best film to send to the Oscars purely on merit, then The Good Road is probably in with a chance. I haven't watched the movie, so I can't judge it. If it's looking for a movie (regardless of quality) that has the *best chance of winning an Oscar* then The Lunchbox is a runaway winner. It helps that The Lunchbox is a pretty great film. I think the uproar is more about the FFI not being as practical as it can be during this selection.

Although that's no reason to hate the other movie, especially since most people haven't seen it at all.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl