Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thursday Post: Bosssss, Boss, Boss.

The schedule is out for this weekend and... we're getting Zanjeer, Shuddh Desi Romance, AND a Tamil film called Varutha Padatha Valibar Sangam. I'm not sure what I should go for... usually, I'd pick the masala film but Zanjeer just seems like a hot mess of a film. I mean, I would also have to suffer through Piggy hamming it up in booty shorts. But I'm not a huge romance fan, either... what to do...

----

It's being reported that Dippy has been signed for Fast and Furious 7, which is good news! Honestly, any foreign actress couldn't get a better Hollywood launch than a Vin Diesel film. He takes care with issues of race and gender WHILE MAKING KICK ASS ACTION FILMS!

I'm anticipating Riddick as much as Dhoom 3 and Krrish 3--actually maybe I should just see THAT this weekend instead of dropping cash on Zanjeer.

----

I mean, Zanjeer really does seem like kind of a hot mess. Although... sometimes hot messes can be a lot of fun.

But PC didn't know who Cherry was? Really?

"I didn't know Ram much before 'Zanjeer'. I was not aware of his popularity until we visited Hyderabad for the film's shoot. His around 300 fans always used to follow us wherever we would shoot in the city. He is a superstar and has got loyal fans," said Priyanka, who was in the Capital to promote the film.

She clearly doesn't follow the English language Bollywood blogosphere who were all in raptures over Magadheera.

----

Boney Kapoor is getting death threats?

----

Preity teams up with Sunny Deol for a new film.

----

Rakesh Roshan and Anurag Basu are still bickering over Kites? Well, it's TOI so who knows who planted what story.

----

Shraddha Kapoor as Ophelia to Shahid's Hamlet?

----

Kangs launches her own website!

----

Akshay doesn't want his fans tricked into seeing that Punjabi movie that used old footage of him without permission.

----

Party song of the year? YES/YES?

----

1 comment:

odadune said...

I get the impression that in Bollywood only the guys who do remakes are hip to who's who in the south.

"I apologize to my fans for the jerks who appropriated my not-for-profit peace message and turned it into an unpaid guest appearance. Feel free to watch, just don't get your hopes up. And also, please watch the Punjabi movie I am actually producing." is just such a classic Akki-ism. I'd prefer to see him sue the pants off the relevant peeps, but I guess he doesn't like to lawyer up.

Not sure what to think of the Party All Night snippets and really haven't liked the stills I seen from the picturization, but I've been fairly impressed with the music in his self produced movies, so maybe it will be good.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl