Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Wednesday Post where I thought it was Thursday... but it wasn't. Yet.

I'll open with this because... it's a terrible crime blotter story.

What an awful way to die. RIP, Anil.

(And way to keep it classy, Firstpost. That headline! DEAR LORD!)

Also awful is that some reports had him working on the film "based on" poor Jiah Khan's life and death.

----

The Hindustan Times gets it right on this Top 10 list of WORST REMAKES. Any guesses what they include?

Yes, Stepmom is on there!

----

Business of Cinema thinks it has figured out why Karan and Boney were getting death threats. (No, not an affair...)

And ruh-roh, get your gossip meters ready... new season of Koffee coming out in December!

----

OMG! You guys! It's Piggy in her natural habitat--a paid Hollywood celebrity puff piece on Entertainment Tonight!! She should stop making films and concentrate on working her way into US Weekly and OK, doing 100 word interviews and telling housewives what kind of candles she uses, since that seems like where she really wants to be.

----

On set snap of Ranveer in Ram Leela.

But my favorite write-up is this one which says:

Ranveer Singh’s handlebar moustache will be shaved off on October 8. The actor’s now-famous facial fuzz has become such a veritable part of his persona that it has made B-Town forget how he looks clean-shaven. The star, who loves to keep twirling the ends, especially when there are shutterbugs around, will surely miss it.

ILLUSTRATED WITH A PIC OF SAID TWIRLING!

I'll miss it, too, Ranveer. I'll miss it, too.

----

Action Jackson. I want to face-palm but I'm probably going to love it so...

----

Shahrukh and Kat dance for cash at a wedding in London.

----

Akshay thanks his fans for celebrating his birthday. Oh, I love my khiladi. ♥

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Saying it as many times won't be enough. Blessed to get so much love... saw so many of you celebrating my birthday as if it was your own, cutting cakes and treating friends.

----

The Rock On sequel is on?

----

LOOK, BOLLYWOOD, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT FOR GIVING HIM THAT AWARD! Now Ayushmann thinks he's some SRS BNS musician instead of a just a VJ-turned actor who happens to be able to carry a tune.

(Why is this like my nightmare right now? It just needs to star PC and the circle of Filmi Girl hell is complete.)

----

And have some Salman with your breakfast/lunch/dinner--whatever meal you're eating now!

1 comment:

odadune said...

I'm going to go with "unfortunate coincidence" on Anil Cherian's death, but it is still tragic.

Clearly Ranveer needs to move to the South Indian film industries, where he can wear facial hair to his heart's content. The local divas would be even less impressed with him than Sona, PC, and Bebo are, but you can't have everything. :P

Action Jackson is not any dumber of a title than Rambo Rajkumar/R Rajkumar, IMO.

Akshay finding a diplomatic way of saying "my fans are kind of scary but I love them anyway" is also cute.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl