Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Post: Short and sweet.

Oh, dear lord! Grand Masti is the fourth biggest opener in India this year?! WOW! So, Neha Dhupia is proven right once again--the only things that sell are sex and Shahrukh.

And Irrfan Khan--at least in the West. I'm already fed up with "Oscar Buzz" around The Lunchbox and it's still September!

----

Blah blah blah... the TOI rounds up exactly the people you would expect in an article title "Flop Sons."

----

People really feel free to just ask Shahid Kapoor anything, huh? The general perception is that you squandered your talent because of your philandering ways. No, I don’t agree with that. I think it’s a random interpretation. I don’t think my personal life has anything to do with my professional life. In fact, when I was in my most stable relationship (dating Kareena Kapoor), I had many unsuccessful films. I didn't have that perception, either, though. Who thinks it's Shahid's womanizing that's kept him from success? Isn't it his poor choice in films?

----

Singer Arijit Singh (Aashiqui 2) was arrested for assaulting a cameraman.

----

Farah Khan cut some sort of swanky deal with the Atlantis in Dubai--a hotel that has been advertising itself in my gmail because I was talking about Dubai's shady labor practices with somebody. TRY AGAIN, GMAIL ADVERTISING ALGORITHM! I do not have the money to go for a spa weekend in Dubai. Nope.

1 comment:

odadune said...

There have been a lot of fluff stories about Shahid seeing this one or that one recently, that some people think are his PR team's handiwork, so this is perhaps more in the same vein.

After the breakup with Bebo, his love life has only drawn serious media attention twice that I know of; once when the media decided for whatever reason that he was the unnamed ex-boyfriend Vidya had referenced in interviews as having been cruel about her weight, and once when he happened to be at Priyanka's place the day the Income Tax people tried to raid her. And in both cases the romantic angle was sort of secondary to the real story: the girlfriend's tax problems in the one case, and the case of some man tearing down a woman's self-image, in the other.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl