Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Post: GOOD MORNING TO YOU!

GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS!

Sorry for missing yesterday's post--it was entirely unintentional. I woke up feeling very poorly... but today is a bright and shiny new day! And there is just a touch of fall in the air. I love the autumn, don't you?

For many here in America, though, autumn means AMERICAN FOOTBALL--a game for the life of me I've never been able to muster any interest in. (WHY DOES 60 seconds of play last half an hour?? WHY?!) But apparently the NFL is attempting to drum up international interest in their product by hiring a celeb trying to drum up American interest in her assets. Yup, Madame Piggy tossing around the ol' pigskin. And they are welcome to her--in fact, I'd be thrilled if Piggy fully crossed over to Hollywood so I never had to see her again!

Hey, Hollywood, how about a Katherine Heigel x Priyanka Chopra two heroine rom-com I never have to see!!


----

A sad farewell to Madhuri Dixit's father. Let's keep her in our thoughts today.

----

Sydney, playing host to the Temptations Reloaded tour, is unimpressed with Shahrukh's connections to the Morani family and Yo Yo Honey Singh.

----

Preity Zinta's run of self-imposed bad luck continues with a warrant issued for her arrest for non-payment of a check to Abbas "Hack for Hire" Tyrewala. Preity took to twitter to rebuff the charges but... she's really reached Lohan levels of delusional.

----

Vishal Bhardwaj tells the TOI his Hamlet will be called Haider and they're still auditioning for Ophelia's role. (That's really all the info, so don't bother clicking.)

----

Kapoors are the BEST actors, says Kareena Kapoor. Never change, Bebo. Never. Change.

----

Ali Fazal for Fast and Furious 7!

"I know people say this all the time, but it really did feel like a family on the set," he says of the time he spent with the team in Atlanta. "Vin Diesel is one of the nicest people I've met. He told me he's dying to come to India because his father spent a considerable amount of time here."

----

Akshay teams up with Special 26's Neeraj Pandey again.

----

RAVEENA TANDON IS BACK YOU GUYS! I'll forgive old AK a lot if he gives her a juicy item.

----

Enjoy an outraged Grand Masti review.

Grand Masti is one of the most ridiculously offensive movies I have ever had to sit through. Not because this is an ‘adult comedy’ and I’m a prude. Or because I’m chanelling my inner feminist. And no, People In The Comments Section of All My Reviews, Karan Johar has definitely not paid me to trash this film (does this actually happen? How do I sign up?).

And a thoughtful critique...

Don’t give me stale, BBM-forward-level jokes I heard in college eight years ago. Surprise me a little by giving the female characters at least a second dimension, if not a third. If you must make a terrible joke, try not to spend an additional 30 seconds of screen time having your characters explain the joke.

I quite agree with much of this second piece. There's a place for raunchy comedy but it doesn't have to be bottom-of-the-barrel humor.

----

I like the song; the picturization is... boring.

----

Ranbir's coked-up shenanigans in the Besharam promos really, really give me a headache. The world doesn't need another bratty 30-year old hero.

----

Trailer for Ugly... meh.

2 comments:

Dr. Dang said...

The lyrics 'Har kissi ko nahin milta...' seems like have been taken from one of the old movies of Mahesh Bhatt. Not sure but I believe it was 'Jurm'

odadune said...

Memo to Neeraj: yay! But please, more pastel polo shirts and totally appropriate business attire, and less footage devoted exclusively to walking, strutting and/or prowling. Kthxbye.

Bollywood will be a poorer place the day Kareena decides to act like a grownup. :)

Re: Har Kisi Ko: Like you, don't have anything nice to say about the picturization; the song is pretty but I'm a little puzzled by Akshay's fetish for having remakes of the Jaanbaaz soundtrack in his home productions. (Both this and Pyaar Do Pyaar Lo from Thank You originated there. Great songs, good remakes/updates, it's just...why that movie in particular?)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl