Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Post and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the Khiladi!

Wowwwww... I think everybody got up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday. Cranky interviews galore today but first...

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KHILADI!

Still the most virile man on the Bollywood screen!

The horse in the water kills me every time!

And... REMEMBER DESI BOYZ?!

I cannot wait for Boss! CANNOT WAIT!


----

Abhinav Kashyap stirs up trouble over at the TOI.

Compare Salman and Ranbir...

They are two different people. Salman never rehearses and often forgets his lines. He is very spontaneous, though. A lot of times, even the director is in the dark - we don't know what he'd say in a particular scene until he goes ahead and says it. But that works for him. On the other hand, Ranbir is the most hardworking actor I have seen. He rehearses meticulously, sometimes days in advance.

----

Rajkumar Santoshi talks about Firoz Nadiawala's death threats.

Back to Firoz. What’s his problem with you?

He has rubbed many people the wrong way. I was repeatedly told not to work with him. I should have listened to those warnings. I have high regards for Firoz’s father. I never expected things to hit such a low. If he was unhappy with my work and asn’t getting his money back from me, why did he take 30 months to take it up with me?

----

Shahid Kapoor talks his career.

For someone talented, and good looking, shouldn’t you have been more successful than what you are? What worked against you?

I know and I realise it now... but then you have to know that I didn’t have anyone to ask, anyone to consult. I did things on my own and with most things I faltered even though I love my parents. I have been doing my own thing... I was like any other struggler, I remember standing under a poster and thinking if I will ever be able to make it big….even though I have had parents from here, I have never had it easy. I was just like any struggler. Though I know I have made some mistakes in my life, I had no one to guide me. But I am going to tell my younger brother or my kids if they want to join films, what the things they should or shouldn’t be doing…

I've also been enjoying how nobody is afraid to ask Shahid about Imran Khan and Milan Talkies. Get Filmy directed my attention to this delightful interview.

----

Alka Yagnik talks playback singing.

But you’ve sung so many songs...

Yes, but that was mostly during the ’90s when intense songs were sung in a soft melody and the texture of my voice fit in perfectly. We see it today -- there’s no distinction left between the sound required for a lead actress and a vamp. Earlier, the vamps -- who eventually got replaced by item girls -- always had a heavy voice. At present, the heroine can have any kind of voice which has less to do with sound and more to do with gimmicks.

----

And some drama with the music of Bullett Raja.

----

Rajini's Kochadaiyaan to release in December!

----

Words to strike fear into the heart of anybody with ears: JOHN MAYER AND COLDPLAY!?!?! *SCREEEEEEEECH*

And... Akshay wrote the lyrics (!) to a special version of the Boss title track for Ganpati.

----

I wish I could be excited for this, you guys, but I can't STAND that 3D animation. I have a really hard time watching anything in this style.

3 comments:

odadune said...

Happy happy birthday to the Khiladi! Stay strong. Stay healthy. Stay busy. We need you right where you've been at these past two years, mixing offbeat stuff with entertainers, alternately annoying and confusing the snobs, and showing the star kids what a real work ethic looks like.

Speaking of work ethics, I respect Ranbir for having one, but the fact that he rehearses things to death (by industry standards) perhaps explains some things that rub me the wrong way about his work.

The idea of him turning lyricist is almost as scary as the idea of him turning director, but he's conventional enough (by Indian standards) in his religiosity to where the Ganpati song probably won't land him in too much trouble.

I like Rajnikanth but I kind of hope that CGI project fails- if it succeeds, you just know every 40-plus-year male star is going to do the same thing.


odadune said...

"him" in third paragraph above is Akshay, sorry.

Filmi Girl said...

Speaking of work ethics, I respect Ranbir for having one, but the fact that he rehearses things to death (by industry standards) perhaps explains some things that rub me the wrong way about his work.

You know, putting it like this, I think you're onto something. Ranbir's "zany act" does seem overly studied, which makes it seem EXTREMELY tedious... Is there anything worse than studied zaniness?

And KHILADI! Yes! Keep annoying and confusing the snobs for years to come!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl