Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Post: Kuuu-ku-kuuu!

As much as I found Grand Masti really distasteful, I am happy for Riteish that he has a hit! But I do hope that he gets a film more worthy of his charms and talents.

Speaking of actors who often select dicey projects, I'm kind of amused at the handful of reviews I skimmed for Phata Poster Nikla Hero which say that Shahid and Ileana don't have Ranbir and Kat's chemistry from Ajab Prem because I remember all the same critics trashing that one when it came out, too. (Something Google confirms if you feel like trolling through old reviews.) I liked Ajab Prem a lot; I like Shahid a lot; ergo if Phata Poster is like Ajab Prem but starring Shahid instead of Ranbir, I'll probably enjoy it.

Ah~ I remember when I really liked ol' Ganglu...

----

Vivek Oberoi joins the list of stars with tax troubles.

----

I've been waiting for somebody to pick up this angle--since almost every other angle on this film has been explored--IS NAWAZUDDIN JEALOUS OF IRRFAN HOGGING THE SPOTLIGHT?

----

Ayan Mukerjee's superhero is... Ranbir Kapoor. Oh, boy... this will be interesting.

----

Yay! Radhika Apte has work! As does Bips, who has joined Bang Bang.

----

Sridevi to do a project with Meryl Streep? Because Meryl saw English Vinglish? It certainly could be true...

1 comment:

odadune said...

I'd read something to the effect that Riteish wants to move away from these raunchy comedies, I guess we'll see if it's true.

Yay for Bips! I'd figured her involvement in Humshakals as Saif having a soft spot for her, but another film project featuring nobody she's worked with before is awesome.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl