Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Post.

No time for a real post today--stayed up too late last night going out to see The Mortal Instruments! I had a fantastic time watching it. I'm not sure if anybody reading this is interested but I do have a few thoughts on the genre and on that film in particular. The critical lashing is not deserved and is another case of lazy critics not bothering to figure out the intent of a film before they see it.

On the Hindi side, Madras Cafe is getting lauded all over the place but I have a feeling this review from Trisha Gupta would probably echo my sentiments if I was going to bother to see the film. Or maybe I just approve of anybody who says this:

For that increasingly influential tribe of people who only like Hindi cinema when it’s either parodying itself or snottily looking down at the mainstream, this means Madras Cafe must be feted for the courage of its unusual political subject, non-heroic antics and attempted realism.

Anyways.

Let's all just watch Prabhudeva at the IIFAs last year and try to have a happy Friday! (Even if some of us are REALLY sleepy...)

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl