Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday Post: Are there more frightening words than "the former Miss India"?

Let's start today with the biggest joke in Bollywood right now... Vipul Shah and Pooja Chopra, who are preparing for Commando 2.

The film's producer, Vipul Shah, has reportedly given the former Miss India a list of 150 movies to watch and learn from.

"Vipul sir wants me to see all kinds of films and understand acting in depth, because if the choice is left to me, I only land up watching romantic comedies," said Pooja.

"I've already started doing my homework and watched films like Milk and The Help," she added.

Just soak it all in. Sleazy Vipul Shah (taking a break from sucking up to Aditya Roy Kapur) trying to get his side piece to be a better actress by having her watch The Help. Honey, judging by the shit I saw on display in Commando, it's going to take more than a movie night or two with Big Daddy Producer to turn you into an actress. We'll see how long you keep Vipul's attention because that's exactly how long your acting career will last.

If I was Vidyut, I'd be running as far away from this mess as I could. It's such a shame that THIS is the deal our talented Vidyut got. Having to put up with those two just so we can watch him kick bad guy ass.

(And I hope Vidyut is doing okay - he's pulled out of IIFA for "family" reasons.)


----

Bollywood disgusting crime watch has playback singer Zubeen Garg physically assaulting a teenager... reading between the lines, I wonder if there was some Kevin Clash business going on.

And Kangana's lawyer spilling to the TOI about the huge cost of her purchase fees for a new condo - is this just to keep her in the news or for them to try and get the fee reduced?

----

PEN is spilling negotiation details for Kahaani 2 to the press for similar reasons, I'm assuming. Sujoy Ghosh deserves the bigger paycheck this time around, if you ask me. Although PEN does have to pay for it's less wise investments - why ANYBODY would bank a film on Prateik Babbar after seeing his career to date is beyond me. For the sake of Kahaani 2, we'd better hope Issaq is only a normal flop and not a Shortcut Romeo flop.

----

Good old Saifu is throwing Preity a bone and giving her a cameo in Happy Ending.

----

TOI "interviews" Madhur Bhandarkar with a series of questions about how great he is. (AKA he wrote this up and mailed it to them with a bundle of bank notes.)

Doesn't the negativity you portray in your films seep into your psyche too?

I have traits of journalist in me. I understand the psyche, the probing, asking questions bit. I understand people. I just do my research and make my films based on what I gather. I do not let it go beyond that. I do not let the success go to my head. I let people click photos with me and give them time. I've seen the industry from very close proximity. I've seen how brutal people can be. When you are not successful, they don't even want to answer your phone calls. Suddenly you become jinxed, untouchable. That's the reason I stay grounded. Setbacks do not affect me either.

(Emphasis added by me. Heh. Is that a dig at Spielberg?)

I like when he talks about "nobody" knowing what will work at the box office or not - as if THAT is the reason why his films flop. "Gosh, everybody loves my movies and I'm really great so it must be a mysterious force preventing all my films from becoming MASSIVE HITS. I mean, who doesn't want to go to the movies to see Neil Nitin Mukesh masturbating in jail on the big screen?"

----

2 comments:

odadune said...

Re: Kahaani 2: it's a country where people haggle. Starting high to leave yourself room to come down in negotiations is probably pretty normal. Also, last I heard, Sujoy had been skeptical/unwilling about the sequel, so he's doubly motivated to make it worth his while.

Re: Vidyut: this is what happens when you're a new(ish) guy in Bollywood and not any hero's son. Why doesn't he have the Arya role in the Vettai remake or something?

Abhi Saini said...

I'm Indian
I Love Hindi Movies and I Love The King ShahRukh Khan
His Movies Like DDLD, KKKG, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Kal Ho Na Ho, Dev Das, Dil Toh Pagal Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Om Santi Om, Don, Don 2, Ra.One, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, My Name Is Khan, Ashoka, Rab Ne Banadi Jodi, Mohabbatien, Dil Se. His Latest up-coming Movie Is Chennai Express.
I also Like Bollywood Movies Like Jab We Met, Kaminey, Krrish, Agent Vinod, Crook, Dhoom, Dhoom 2, Race, Race 2, Dostana, Jannat, Guzarish, Kismat Connection, Garam Masala, Kambaqt Ishq, Hey Babyy, Wanted, Cash, Gadar, 3idiot, Jodha Akbar, Luck, Band Baja Barat, Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl, 36 China Town, Fida, Raaz, Lagan, Road Side Romeo, Hum Tum, Tara Rum Pum, Salam Namaste etc. .....

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl