Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thursday Post: Axe Body Spray: Why not announce your douchebaggery by scent? That way people know to avoid you before they see you.

There is something EXTREMELY disturbing about this ad...

Although, Ranbir for Axe makes perfect sense, at least considering his partying during the TOIFAs.


----

Since when was D-Day a spy thriller? I assumed it was another gangster "D-Company" flick from the title and trailer.

I hate when people bash older films for not being "real" enough but I have to give some props to Rishi for this one:

I get chances now to play characters. I never believed I could play a bad man. I’ve only wooed heroines in the hills and serenaded them in various jerseys, singing songs. That’s all I did for 25 years. No one ever told me to act. We never used to make any films that were character based. We were image based. There was an angry man, there was a comedian, we had a villain, we had a heroine and a father. Things have evolved now. Actors of my age today have roles being written for them. So, it’s a very welcome thing for me and actors of my ilk.

But the thing is, these guys DID play characters. Raja in Bobby is very different from Akhbar who is different from Monty in Karz, etc. I mean maybe there was a big chunk of sweater-wearing years in the 1990s where he played the same character over and over but you can't just hand wave MONTY SHARMA away as nothing. MONTY! MONTY! MONTY!

----

See, this is why I've gotten on the Team Ameesha bus. She gives us articles like 8 Ridiculous Things Ameesha Patel Did:

7. Incredibly dumb tweets!

Ameesha Patel is an Economics graduate from Tufts University! V finD diS 2 harrrd 2 belief.

And just like me she doesn't have time or patience to be in a relationship.

I neither have the time nor patience to dedicate to anyone, but myself.

PREACH IT, SISTER! Ameesha! Ameesha!

----

Why do I get the feeling the author of this short "interview" with Amit Sadh is only writing what she wants to hear?

According to Amit, there has been a significant change in the perception now, which is evident from the appreciation filmmakers Anurag Kashyap and Karan Johar have received for their projects at international film festivals.

Um... no.

----

I'm kind of looking forward to this and kind of want Aditya Chopra to stay the hell away from my Tamil films.

----

I found this mesmerizing... maybe that's just because it's ridiculously early when I write these posts but I think it's just because this Nollywood song is great.

----

Aamir Khan RIDES A JET SKI... in Dhoom 3. Will his entrance be as epic as Junior B's in Dhoom 2?! ONLY TIME AND THE VOLUME OF THE ACCOMPANYING GUITAR SOLO WILL TELL!

----

2 comments:

Lisa Waugh said...

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster! I felt compelled to tell you that the title of your blog post had me in laughing fits this morning! And very timely as I just finished Saarawiya last weekend, my intro to Ranbir.

odadune said...

D-Day's been described all along (well, since it's been on my radar anyway) as a what-if scenario about about India "going after" Dawood with intent to arrest or execute.

Rishi's thoughts are interesting. I suspect we're going to see even more male "character roles" worth playing once the 90s veterans start reaching their fiftieth birthdays...here's hoping the 90s divas benefit also. Somehow.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl