Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday Post: (And so tired I misspelled that twice...)

(You'll have to excuse me, I'm a little sleepy today because I stayed up late watching the new concert DVD of my FAVORITE IDOL GROUP which was just delivered from Japan last night!! And WOW! If you are a fan of stagecraft, light design, and... AMAZING POP MUSIC... here is the commercial. This stuff is really hard to find online or I'd share some clips with you. Why didn't they get this production team to do the song for Bombay Talkies, hmm?)

^^ Bebo at the Bharat and Dorris Hair and Make-up Awards!

Also in attendance were Hrithik, Salman, Jackie Shroff, Raveena Tandon, and Anil Kapoor.

I checked a few places and India Today has the best gallery of photos. And I also checked to see what the program was or awards or who was honored and aside from a few filmi blurbs, I didn't see anything.

But if anybody can sing the praises of hair and make-up artists, it's Kareena Kapoor!

Here's to the talented people who keep our stars looking so gorgeous! May your brushes never dull and your powder never cake.

----

People out in the Bay Area (San Fran, I mean) might want to check this out. Filmmaker Rucha Humnabadkar is making a film out that way...

“It’s the story of every Indian who comes to the Bay Area with dreams of making it big,” says Rucha. The script is written by Rishi Bhilawadikar, who is actor Atul Kulkarni’s nephew, and is based on posts from his blog, Stuff Desis Like. “I met Rishi about a year ago and we got talking about this script that he’d written. I was interested in making the film right off the bat,” she says.

----

A sarcastic letter in support of Ekta Kapoor, regarding the matter of tax relief.

Let me offer you five reasons why Ekta Kapoor should be spared from these IT raids.

1. Through her family-oriented teleserials, she has taught an entire generation of Indian women the social graces of how to conduct themselves within the family – or face expulsion. Sociologists concede that her serials are arguably the most potent threat to the joint family culture. But then, that automatically means many more nuclear households, with more drivers of consumption, all of which contribute more tax money. By rights, all those tax credits ought to come to Ekta Kapoor.

----

Ishkq in Paris is going to be released and though I'm looking forward to the reviews, I think we'll all end up regretting this one.

----

Check out this fantastic interview with Reluctant Fundamentalist star Riz Ahmed! He seems like a sharp guy... I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get along, though. But then maybe I should have guessed, considering he apparently thinks Trishna was good. Definitely worth checking out the interview, though.

----

Finally, Mala Sinha is boycotting the Dadasaheb Phalke Awards because she does not feel they treated her with respect.

Speaking exclusively to After Hrs, the actress says, “They’ve done grave injustice to me. They haven’t even mentioned my name on the invitation card!"

Ma'am, you will always be A-list on Filmi Girl's blog. You tell those people a thing or two! Old is gold!

2 comments:

OG said...

hey FG,

did you check out the trailer for Mariyan....It looks awesome and looks like another national award for Dhanush...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4b_7ddiLg

Sachin Rajgire said...

Miss Kara
I really enjoy your blog ,How do you have so much energy to write such awesome stuff regularly :)
Sachin Rajgire

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl